CHAPTER 22

THIRD PERSON POV:

Nagulat si Kirsten ng makita ang binata sa labas ng gate. Hindi nya inaasahan na makikita nya itong muli pagtapos nitong hindi magpakita ng mahigit 3 linggo.

"Babe..." He uttered. He don't know where to start.

She stared at him with a questioning look. He opened the shotgun seat for her, hoping that she'll hop in.

Kirsten was having second thoughts, kung sasakay sya or pipiliin nyang magmatigas. She tried to examine the guy infront of him. Bakit parang nag-iba ang itsura nya? He looked really dreadful. Ang mga mata nya, those eyes that she admired so much before, now it's full of desolation. Was it because of me? No Kirsten, scratch that thought! Bakit naman sya malulungkot ng dahil sayo eh hindi ka naman nya mahal? Bulong ng utak nya. Pero, ano bang nangyari sa kanya sa mahigit 3 linggo nyang pagkawala? Yan ang mga bagay na naglalaro ngayon sa utak ng dalaga ngunit wala naman syang lakas ng loob na magtanong. She let out a deep sigh and went inside the car. Isang nakabibinging katahimikan ang namayani sa pagitan nila.

"You can play your songs if you like." He offered.

"Thank you but no need. 20 minutes lang naman ang byahe." She stated coldly. Hindi na lang umimik si Edward.

Pagka-park nya ng kotse ay agad na nagpaalam ang dalaga. "I'll go first. Thanks for the ride." She fake a smile. Then she left without waiting for his reply.

EDWARD'S POV:

"I'll go first. Thanks for the ride." She said smiling but I know, she's faking it. I watched her as she walks away from me. Hanggang kailan ko na lang ba sya papanoorin habang papalayo sya sa kin?

I am at the verge of letting her go more than 3 weeks ago. But my heart and mind couldn't take it so I decided to go to Germany para makapag-isip.

FLASHBACK...

"I heard about what happened li'l brother..." She came to me and hugged me tight. "So what are you planning to do?"

"Right now, gulong-gulo ang utak ko. I just want the pain to stop. But I don't know how because the only person that can make me better is the same person that caused me this pain."

"You must really love her. You won't be very affected if you don't feel something for her."

"I really don't know sis." I shook my head. "I don't even know kung magkakaron pa ng chance na maging kami. Because the way I see it, she's slowly slipping away from me."

"So, you're going to give up on her?"

"It's what will make her happy." If I let her go, she'll be happy, that's for sure. But if I do let her go, what will I be? Makakaya ko ba ng wala sya?

"But what will happen to you if you let her go?"

"I'll be back to my old self I guess. Pero isipin ko lang na papakawalan ko sya, it feels like letting go of my happiness."

"Then why don't you fight for her?"

"Para ano pa? She already told me that she can't be with someone like me. Because I'm a bad person. At alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit marinig yun sa taong pinahalagahan mo ng sobra-sobra?" Here comes the pain again...please, make it go away...

"Then prove her wrong!" She asserted. "Kaming mga babae, we tend to let our emotions to control us especially if we are mad. We uttered painful words without even thinking of what the person would feel. But it doesn't necessarily mean that we will hate the person forever. You just have to give her time. Women are easy to please, you just have to be patient."