Chapter 8

Rachels POV

I came into to college early this morning, Monday to be exact, the beginning of a new week to ask an important question. I made my way to the drama room where i put my belongings onto a chair where i would be working today. I had to find Keelie.

After about 20 minutes of walking around the college, going back and forth trying to find her, she was in the staff room close by the drama department. Seriously.

"Hey Keelie, i need to ask you something" i spoke, causing her to turn and look at me.

"Sure, go ahead" she told me

"Can i switch partners, because the one i have now is just a huge je-" i stopped myself as i didn't want him to get into trouble, wait what?

"I just need a new partner" i said again, being careful of what i was saying this time.

She looked at me, thinking about her answer that she was about to give me.

"Ok, if you can find someone who is willing to work with you then yes, you can switch partners" she smiled at me.

I walked away from her and made my way back to the classroom, letting out a huge breath. That huge breath was a sigh of relief. I was finally going to be able to do my work and get on with it, well that is if i find someone willing to work with me.

I went over all the options in my head thinking of everyone in this class, that maybe wanted to switch, but then that idea made me laugh. Who would want to work with an annoying jerk? And i wasn't walking about me.

By the time i got back into the classroom, there was a boy stood by the window looking a little unfazed by me walking in. He turned his head and smiled in my direction.

"Hey" i smiled, talking to him as he made his way over to me.

"Hi, I'm Liam Payne, I, uh, I'm new here, i mean that i am a transfer. Just came in this morning" he told me. He had a nice voice, not as nice as his but nice. wait why am i thinking of him again. Stop it.

"I'm Rachel Wilder and i am looking for a new partner in this class and considering you are new fancy being my new partner?" i hoped, asking him.

"Uh, yeah sure, what do we have to do" he asked.

This was a miracle.

After about 30 minutes of explaining what we had to do to Liam the class had now started filling up with the other students coming in on time for the class. As soon as everyone came in all we have to do was continue with the script and ideas for it so nobody seemed to bother with it. We all just got on a did the work.

"So what ideas do you have in mind?" Liam asked me

"I'm not too sure, i was thinking that i don't want to do some soppy love story because they are predictable, and i don't want to do something with guns or murders in them because that is just stupid and considering we have to preform this at they end of the school year in front of the school, i want it too be as natural as possible" i spoke aloud, airing my ideas

"That's not too bad actually" he said

"How about a comedy?"

"Comedy, meaning jokes and laughter? i'm not sure, i don't think i'd be able to pull that off" i said with a serious face,causing Liam to become serious to. That was until i couldn't hold it any longer and burst out laughing, making the whole class turn and stare at me.

"That could work" i told him, still giggling at my own joke.

10:15am. This class had been running for an hour and fifteen minutes officially and he was still nowhere to be seen, this is why i wanted to switch partners, because he is not responsible and he doesn't even want to be here anyway so his loss.