Prelude

"Baekhyun, have you seen his new music video?! He's so hot!" Jongdae screeches, shoving the screen of his phone against Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun flinches away before the dirty surface touches his pristine skin, rolling his eyes and promptly disregarding Jongdae's words.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't give a fuck, Jongdae?" the older replies, leaning his chin in his hand and staring out at the streets of Seoul.

It's the same old bustling streets, a few K-dramas being filmed right in the middle of the street, causing traffic and fake rainwater to ruin everyone's moods. It wasn't helping that half of the population was single, and the MCs in the drama were making out without shame, trying to pull off that Notebook raining scene.

Baekhyun scoffs.

Love, he thinks, is a stupid thing.

There's no point to it.

If it's something that's just going to control all aspects of life, why let it?

It's the superior ruler amongst all other emotions, shoving its way through triumphantly and fucking up everything just because an individual made a heart beat faster than others did.

It's useless, it's tedious, it's inefficient, it's dull—because does one really see flowers blossom every time they touch hands with their so-called lover? Or do they just wish that they did?

"I'm leaving," Baekhyun announces, grabbing his bag and standing up.

"But Chanyeol—"

"I don't want to hear it, Jongdae."

Baekhyun exits the small café, throwing the stink eye at the K-drama's directors' backs.

People nowadays are idiots.

They search for this 'love', hoping that their miserable life would somehow turn upside down if they find the emotion that has been displayed as pink hearts and rainbows.

Humans look at their interest and pretend that they feel something incredible for that person, but they're only imagining it.

What they don't know, is that they're never going to find it if they're searching for it.

Whatever this love is, it's a complete bitch. It's not possible to just decide to find it; it'll find its target in the stupidest ways possible. It's not only going to turn one's world upside down, but it's going to make sure that its victim gets caught up in the foray and are unable to think without going insane.

Whether the sad fool falls in love with their dog, their old and withering teacher, or their 5th cousin... It's going to make escape nearly impossible.

Once they fall into the trap called love, the only way to get out is to crawl back out, and leave behind a part of themselves that they never thought they'd lose.

Baekhyun knows this. He has evidence.

Because as a stupid, naïve dreamer, he experienced it himself.