83

Baekhyun quickly grabs the textbook slipping out of his hands, sighing when he realizes that he zoned out in the middle of walking again. He did that a lot, today. He just has too much on his mind, most of it ranging from Kris to Chanyeol.

Mostly Chanyeol, honestly.

He just finished his classes and his thoughts flash with the predicament he found himself in last night, after reading the multiple texts sent to him by Kris and... dumbo. (Baekhyun refuses to admit Chanyeol has been texting him this entire time even though he knows it's true, so Chanyeol will remain dumbo on texts.)

He thought he already made a choice; decided to forget about Chanyeol and go on the date with Kris—and he even told Jongdae and Junmyeon this morning that he was meeting up with Kris without mentioning Chanyeol at all—but now he's having second thoughts.

This would be his last chance to talk to Chanyeol face to face, if he's actually going to go back to Seoul like Jongdae told him the other day. He could schedule a date with Kris some other time and it wouldn't hurt anybody but... His stubborn, idiotic side, told him not to go see Chanyeol. Not to give in.

It's reminding Baekhyun of all the false signs he was given in the past and the heartbreak and betrayal he felt when Chanyeol left earlier than what Baekhyun supposedly forced out of him.

Either way, it's not like he's obligated to hear Chanyeol out. Maybe he wants to apologize, but who ever said that Baekhyun wanted anything to do with him anymore?

Sure, he spent years hating on him—but that was all just a way to get his anger out of his system.

Maybe, knowing that he stood Chanyeol up and didn't deal with his crap, Baekhyun's feelings of betrayal and humiliation would finally be passed onto Chanyeol. He could fully move on from Chanyeol after all of these feelings of hate—not love, hate—and not need his hate groupchat anymore.

Baekhyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, fishing it out as he made his way to the cafeteria (his meeting place with Kris today). He sees Jongdae's name and he picks up, bringing the device to his ear.

"What's up?" he greets and he hears what seems to be Jongdae and Junmyeon whispering angrily.

"Baekhyun. Don't go out with Kris," Jongdae suddenly orders and Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows.

"What the—"

"I know you're supposed to meet Chanyeol today," he says before Baekhyun can assume anything else, "Just hear the poor boy out, okay?"

"Jongdae—what—how did you figure out..." Baekhyun trails off, before deciding that the answers were not important anyway. "You don't even know what he did to me," he mutters, voice small.

"Of course I don't, but the way I see it, Chanyeol's pretty fucking whipped right now."

The brunet grits his teeth before replying. "He can't expect me to come crawling into his palm whenever he likes me, Jongdae," Baekhyun hisses, spotting Kris from around the corner and pressing himself to the wall to keep hidden until the call is over.

"But Baekhyun, just give him a chance—"

"You don't understand, Jongdae," Baekhyun declares. "When I needed him most, just as a best friend—or fuck, maybe even just as a kind person—he didn't do anything to help me. I confessed to him my feelings—it was my first time coming out and he... he just pushed me away. He didn't bother listening to anything I said and he made me feel as if there was something wrong with me; wrong with my brain or heart." Baekhyun's hand clenches on his phone. "And then he just leaves. He never—he never even said sorry, and now he's suddenly coming back and acting as if we're best friends again? As if everything he did would just be forgotten because he now all of a sudden likes me. I bet he doesn't even know what a crush really feels like, let alone love, like you're implying."

The line on the other side is quiet and Baekhyun closes his eyes, remembering how Chanyeol's smile hasn't changed from back then. What else hasn't changed in him? His feelings toward homosexuality?

Baekhyun doesn't want to let Chanyeol back in his life. He's definitely capable and it wouldn't kill him to see and talk to Chanyeol, but the thought of him being his best friend or his lover, can't sit right in his mind.

"Baek—"

"I won't stand his bullshit."

soooo

where is this goin?? idk ;)

to the collab people (ik ur sick of hearing about this) but i've added most people on Line and y'all just haven't joined yet pls check ur Line and join the groupchat :)

I hope you had a nice day!!

P-Nut oot.