51

"I'm so done," Baekhyun says all of a sudden, sighing loudly. Jongdae looks at him questioningly and the brunet decides to elaborate, continuing, "It's only Tuesday. Tuesday, and I feel like I'm already dead!"

They walk under the arch with the engravings 'Bucheon University' while Jongdae laughs at this, and the two are promptly joined by the other part of their trio, the older—but not by much—Junmyeon coming in with a lame joke. After Junmyeon is nearly pushed into the puddle of coffee on the ground for having the worst dad jokes ever, the three of them set off to their respective classrooms. Junmyeon, to teach his history class, Baekhyun to attend his chemistry and Jongdae his math.

Baekhyun sits through the class with a part of his mind elsewhere, copying down the notes without actually understanding any part of it.

Even if his hand is writing down stuff about atoms and bondings, his mind just can't seem to understand why Chanyeol would need to be in Bucheon, now of all times.

Right when he's brushed off by dumbo.

Baekhyun doesn't connect two and two, thinking with gritted teeth that the appearance of Chanyeol in his hometown is only some twisted bad luck; meant to make his week worse.

If he actually knew that Chanyeol didn't forget about him, maybe he would've thought differently.

Baekhyun leaves chemistry with a pile of notes and a couple of hours to spare before his next class, feeling a little bummed that Jongdae has a class right after his first one. That meant that Baekhyun would be spending those hours relatively alone. He can always jump in one of Junmyeon's classes, but what fun will that be (other than the potential factor that he could embarrass the living daylights out of his friend).

He sets his backpack down onto one of the empty cafeteria tables, the sound of his laptop (that he forgot was in there) hitting the surface with a rather loud bang. The sound resonates through the relatively empty place, the only other noise being the sizzling of food from the little fast food booths set up around the cafeteria. Cursing under his breath, he pulls it out to check for any damage, shoving all of his notes in his bag when he finds that luckily nothing was wrong with it.

There are only a couple of people in the cafeteria, considering that it was the awkward hour between breakfast and lunch, and the students at his uni usually hung out in the library during their free time.

He leaves his bag at his spot, standing up to quickly buy some fries to satisfy his cravings. He figures that no one would snatch his bag—or have the chance to, considering everyone else is either behind a counter selling food to no one, or all the way on the other side of the cafeteria.

There's someone behind him when he orders but he really can't care about strangers, focused completely on the mouthwatering food in front of him.

When Baekhyun rounds back in the direction of his table, a box of poutine in his right hand and a fork in the other, he stops short when he sees someone chilling right at his spot. That someone is using a face mask to cover the lower half of his face, his butt glued onto the seat Baekhyun was in just five minutes ago. The man is—Baekhyun notices a few seconds later—rummaging through his bag, and the brunet nearly drops his food in shock.

He stomps up to the (seemingly taller) man and doesn't fear for even one second, knowing that he can beat the shit out of him if he wants to. His already foul mood is even worse, and when he arrives at his table, he slams his poutine down dramatically.

"Excuse me," Baekhyun begins, "I didn't know that we were suddenly sharing belongings."

The brunet says pointedly at him, glaring at the arm that's halfway through pulling out his laptop. The guy stops and looks up as if he was innocent. Baekhyun can't help but think that he recognizes his eyes.

"Hi," the man says, dropping Baekhyun's laptop back in his bag and setting it on the seat next to him.

"'Hi' my ass—"

The next thing Baekhyun registers is the man's hand reaching across the table—and then he's grabbing Baekhyun's poutine.

Baekhyun's jaw drops in disbelief, his annoyance striking when the stranger reaches out again to grab the fork. Just as Baekhyun's about to grab his arm and flip him over his shoulder, he's interrupted by someone behind him.

"Sehun," that person speaks up, and the shorter freezes at the sound of that deep voice.

He's close to Baekhyun. Maybe only a couple steps away, his voice having sounded near. It sends shivers down the brunet's spine.

Baekhyun would usually ignore the person behind him in this case and continue with his mission of beating up the thief, but he proceeds to turn around only because he feels something poke at his heart.

Baekhyun's mind doesn't even register the name that the latest said a few seconds ago—he forgets entirely about his stolen poutine and his near-stolen laptop, his knees going weak because of the sight in front of him.

"You can eat his poutine," the newcomer continues, "I'm here to whisk Baekhyun away, regardless."

Baekhyun lets out a shaky breath, suddenly feeling faint.

"Ch–Chanyeol."

The said-man smiles, his eyes a little too soft for Baekhyun's heart.

"In the flesh."

lol

whu

whaddup

ah i love how i ruin everything 10/9 times but y'know what who gives a damn i'm updating once every day i gotta give myself some credit for making a shitty plot hufhafiueeerrrrr

like

I really want to buy a mic and publish some exo covers on YouTube but: 1. i'm broke as duck 2. if my friends found it hhhhaaaa rip 3. am i even. good. ? at singing//? 4. k-koreaboo-san? 5. what am i doing with this a/n help

anyway it's 1 AM. Once again thank the peanut you're very welcome what even if behind humble??? Only ever saw it in EXO lmao bye

P-Nut oot.

sometimes i just see chanbaek and i'm like