74

"It was a bad idea," Chanyeol mutters under his breath, squeezing his eyes shut as his arms tighten around the stuffed animal (it was admittedly way too small to endure his hugs as he was basically hugging himself). "Now he hates both of me."

Chanyeol's laying on the couch sideways, his back facing his hotel's door and his face against the couch. He's fully sulking and he can't seem to care about how Sehun is in the same room.

He regrets calling Baekhyun.

A part of him knew that Baekhyun was going to be angry when he found out, but the second, bigger part of himself told him that maybe Baekhyun liked dumbo enough not to hate him. It was nice for the first few moments; messing around and flirting with Baekhyun on the call, but Chanyeol should've known that his voice was a dead giveaway. Baekhyun probably didn't pay attention to it much the first time he sent a voice file as dumbo.

He lets out a dramatic sigh, almost a whine, and shifts to hug his Rilakkuma even tighter.

"What is wrong with you?!" Sehun exclaims all of a sudden and Chanyeol turns slightly in his spot to stare at his friend, his eyes resembling those of a kicked puppy. Sehun blinks when he sees how Chanyeol is looking at him and he himself sighs, reigning in his anger. Chanyeol goes back to his original position when Sehun speaks again. "You've been like this since yesterday, or something. What the hell happened?"

"Nothing," Chanyeol grumbles, and Sehun wonders when he became the mentally older one.

"Is this about that brunet guy you go to see every morning? You didn't go this morning."

"No."

"Yeah, sure."

"Yes."

"Thought so."

Sehun frowns when Chanyeol doesn't say anything more, wondering what he should say to cheer up his friend.

"Want to talk about it?" he offers.

"Nah."

"Chanyeol," Sehun argues, "Are you seriously going to give up now? After only one week of trying to get this guy to talk to you?"

There is an evident pause in the air before Chanyeol says something again. "No. I'd spend years trying to get him to say something without hating me. Or at least doing something. Or thinking for a second that he doesn't believe I'm horrible."

"Well, you've got it bad."

"Yeah."

"Though I can't say the same about brunet guy."

"Stupid... fucking... dumbass—" Baekhyun grumbles under his breath, stirring his stir-fry which should've been done a few years ago. His phone vibrates with messages on his counter but he ignores it in favour of mixing his vegetables and rice violently.

He reaches for the sriracha and pours an unnecessary amount in, grabbing a handful of frozen corn—from the bowl he brought out earlier—and chucking it into his mix. (He's pretty sure he's doing a lot of things wrong but he honestly can't care.)

He had chicken half an hour ago but the anger building in his stomach eats away any food left in him, thus leading him to create his own. Which is never a good idea.

He's pretty sure he heard Jongdae come in ten minutes ago, but he can't bother to check when the only thing on his mind is the person he's been cursing this entire time.

His grip on the wooden spoon tightens when he thinks about their conversation again and he nearly loses his mind. Soon after, he gives up on his cooking entirely, dropping the spoon and turning off the stove's heat one after the other. He crouches down until he's considerably closer to the ground now, feet still planted to the ground and knees up to his chest.

No matter how hard he tries, he can't stop thinking about Chanyeol.

He didn't see Chanyeol today and he should be happy—but he isn't.

And it's idiotic, because he should still hate Chanyeol as much as he did a month after the guy left. Chanyeol still rejected Baekhyun and he still insulted him in so many ways. None of that changed.

So what if he was caught regularly donating to children in need? So what if, even back then, he made cookies for his grandma instead of the other way around?  So what if his love for animals made him save every single one he found? So what if Chanyeol is genuinely a good guy? So what if Chanyeol still looked at him with that same gentleness?

Nothing can change all the confusion and sadness that he gave to Baekhyun, days before he suddenly up and left.

Baekhyun still feels the same about Chanyeol.

But...

He can't tell if it's love or hate anymore.

hihi!!

i decided to update because um ye. have a sulky chanyeol and an even sulkier baekhyun! why they do this?? idk.

i hope u had a nice day i was sleeping while writing this ;)

pls join my collab i want ppl to join it seems like it'll be so fun if it works i—

P-Nut oot.