41

The next three weeks spent texting dumbo could've only been described as "comical", the Chanyeol-hater feeling as if he was in a better mood for the most part of each day.

In between classes, he'd check his phone for any notifications and would smile when he answered dumbo, occasionally asking him whether he had a life or not; considering how often he texted.

Baekhyun figured out that dumbo was seriously in love with keyboard faces, made the lamest jokes, and never failed to call him any one of the nicknames that had been chosen for him. He was an idiot, but when it was important, he somehow pulled himself together and actually helped. (The time when Baekhyun was freaking out about having to do a five-man project all by himself because his group workers were assholes, and dumbo had actually helped him research and create his powerpoint for him.)

There were times when Baekhyun felt as if the feeling in his chest was familiar—like he was reliving a moment in life with somebody he used to know—but he always brushed it off, telling himself that he was only fooling his brain.

In all, dumbo made Baekhyun smile more, and at times, he'd even forget the reason why he had stopped smiling so often.

"I want to know his name," Baekhyun confesses randomly, watching as Jongdae stopped slurping up his spaghetti.

"I'm assuming this is about the person you've been constantly choosing over me."

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun whines, obviously joking.

"Well for the first half of this lunch, you've just been staring at your phone. Talk about a great best friend."

"Park was showing me cat memes..." Baekhyun admits, grumbling under his breath.

He has resorted to calling dumbo 'Park', because calling him Chanyeol hit straight home and calling him dumbo was just... dumb.

Jongdae had quickly caught on about who Park was, and he had only yelled: "Yet another similarity between Chanyeol and dumbo!" which only gave him a hit on the head by Baekhyun.

"Well then figure out his name," Jongdae shrugs, as if that wasn't a big deal.

"How?" the other asks.

"Ask him."

"No shit, Jongdae! But who knows if he'll answer or not! What if he tells me a fake name?" Baekhyun questions worriedly and Jongdae begins laughing.

"So you really do care about Park?"

"As a friend, of course. He keeps me company, so why wouldn't I want to know his name?"

"Keep telling yourself that, Baek."

[EATMYBYUNS]
Today

dumbo 4:03 AM
Kitten, you awake?

Bbyyyyy

Bunnyyyy

Are you sleeping?

eatmybyuns 4:10 AM
well not anymore, you piece of shit

dumbo 4:10 AM
Don't worry, tomorrow is Saturday (╹◡╹)

eatmybyuns 4:10 AM
what did u want?

dumbo 4:10 AM
Why don't you ever call me any nicknames?

eatmybyuns 4:10 AM
you woke me up for this???

dumbo 4:10 AM
Yes ^-^

eatmybyuns 4:11 AM
mmmygod

i don't call you any nicknames because your name is already stupid enough for you

dumbo 4:11 AM
O

My heart is breaking

eatmybyuns 4:11 AM
do you need some superglue

dumbo 4:11 AM
No I need you

eatmybyuns 4:11 AM
did you rhyme that on purpose orrrr

dumbo 4:11 AM
It was purely coincidental

eatmybyuns 4:12 AM
oh.

well

goodnight ice cream

dumbo 4:12 AM
Wait

IS THAT YOUR NICKNAME FOR ME

BYUN WAS THAT A NICKNAME

BYUN

"That's not even supposed to be cute," Chanyeol swears, throwing his phone onto his chair.

why are they so fluffy hahaha

oopS i didn't update yesterday things got strangely busy even tho i thought i'd have a free weekend

there was stuff going on with my friend and depressing topics and fundraising for my band trip yadda yadda yeahhh

anyway enjoy this chanbaek

P-Nut oot.