37

"Park Chanyeol, come back here!" Baekhyun exclaims, fright evident in his voice.

Chanyeol laughs when he sees Baekhyun's predicament, moving smoothly around the shorter who's glued in place.

Baekhyun stands with two skates tied onto his feet—they had no use because of his inability to use them—his legs shoulder width and his arms spread out to keep his balance, eyes on the ice as if it could do something to harm him. He looks up at Chanyeol then and his eyes are pleading, which is what finally makes Chanyeol give him some mercy.

Skating over to the other, Chanyeol grabs his arm and holds back his chuckle when Baekhyun nearly screams, almost tripping both of them with his harsh flailing.

"I am going to kill you!" he yells.

"You're lucky it's 2 AM and no one's crazy enough to be out here. You'd probably get restrained."

This all started when Chanyeol suggested they go skating, even if Baekhyun complained that he had never been. Chanyeol reassured Baekhyun that he would teach Baekhyun how to skate, but so far all he's been doing is laugh at the shorter's misery, leaving him in the middle of the skating rink to suffer.

Chanyeol brings the two of them near the edge of the rink, finding it simultaneously endearing and funny how his arm hurts because of the mittened hands, holding onto him so harshly. Baekhyun has stopped speaking and Chanyeol glides them around for a few more meters.

When they've stopped, Chanyeol leaves his side again, slowly, to see if Baekhyun would try to follow him on his skates.

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun calls, and Chanyeol turns to face him, spotting the downturn of his lips.

Chanyeol's own eyebrows furrow when he sees the sad look in Baekhyun's eyes, and he's back at his side twice the speed of when he left.

"Can we stop now?" Baekhyun asks when Chanyeol's right in front of him. His voice is small and he sounds almost ashamed. "I can't—skating's too hard."

Chanyeol's gaze softens the moment he hears this and Baekhyun notices, a blush covering his cheeks (he blames the cold). "I'm sorry Baekhyun, and yeah you're right, it's probably not the best time to be skating. Do you want to go back?"

"No—well, maybe, it's just... I do want to have fun with you but I don't know how to..."

It's at that moment that Chanyeol holds out his hand, an open invitation for Baekhyun to let Chanyeol handle both of them. The shorter stares at the gesture, contemplating, before he accepts.

Baekhyun hides his face behind his scarf when he places his hand in Chanyeol's hold, feeling a minute squeeze before Chanyeol's at his side, going significantly slower as he guides Baekhyun on the ice.

It's supposed to be cold—it's the middle of winter; sometime after midnight, yet all Baekhyun felt was warmth.

It was probably then that Baekhyun noticed.

Wattpad was being a butt yesterday (to everyone) and I didn't wanna risk deleting stuff so yEET

how was your day?? i feel bad cuz i didn't update two days in a row and like bleh

anyway yeah hop u enjoyed

P-Nut oot.