50

Baekhyun has had enough.

He can't stand being near Chanyeol. He can't bear it; watching him perform his talents, seeing how he gets excited over the stupidest things, feeling his warm hugs and the touch of his hand when he moves to tuck a piece of hair behind his ear, and most of all, he can't stand his smile.

That damn smile.

It makes Baekhyun's heart go crazy.

He can't stand being near Chanyeol when he knows he's in love.

"We're best friends," Chanyeol introduces and the group of people acknowledge this, the two of them hearing murmurs that sound a little like they're glad the two aren't dating.

Baekhyun isn't. He feels his heart shatter whenever Chanyeol introduces them like this. He wishes he could just announce that they were boyfriends. He actually just wishes that they were boyfriends, period. He'd be fine if Chanyeol wants to hide it, hell if he never wants to be seen in public then that's okay too. As long as Baekhyun has the opportunity to call Chanyeol his, in his mind.

The two of them sit side-by-side in the booth, Chanyeol's arm pressing up against Baekhyun's, thighs touching and faces incredibly close if they simply turn their heads.

It makes Baekhyun feel giddy. He expects to be used to this already; having been friends with Chanyeol for over four years now—and a month ago, he was used to this. He saw Chanyeol in the same, normal way, but that all changed when his breath got caught in his throat and his heart started beating wildly when Chanyeol took them skating.

It was stupid. Nothing incredible happened, but such a simple moment of Chanyeol helping him across the ice, and his stupid brain had to think that Chanyeol is really nice, and all of a sudden he was falling into this inescapable trap.

No matter what he did, he couldn't change his feelings.

No one ever talks about guys loving guys—it's 2012, and Korea is extremely behind on that kind of stuff (if Baekhyun's online research was correct).

He wonders how Chanyeol would react if he ever found out about Baekhyun's feelings. Would he hate him? Push him away? Never talk to him ever again?

Those kind of thoughts kept Baekhyun from ever saying anything.

Even if he wishes that Chanyeol would return his feelings, he's too afraid of the negative to do anything for the positive.

"Baekhyun? Are you going to get a strawberry smoothie?" Chanyeol asks, and the shorter is promptly taken away from his thoughts.

When Baekhyun nods, he realizes that Chanyeol knows him way too well, and his feelings toward the taller can't be hidden forever.

He was right.

Chanyeol wouldn't stay unknowing forever.

After an incident where Baekhyun caught himself in a spell and nearly leaned in to kiss Chanyeol, the shorter promptly freaked out and ignored the taller for a straight week, the only result out of that being Chanyeol's intricate plan to corner him after school.

So now, the two of them were standing in their previously full class, the shorter's backpack half zipped up from when he tried to get away quickly (of course, Chanyeol saw this and decided to stop him from doing anything of the like). Chanyeol's gaze is hard whereas Baekhyun's is meek, the giant standing in front of the door just in case Baekhyun decides to run away.

"You've been ignoring me."

Baekhyun nods, knowing it's useless to deny as his gaze flickers to the ground.

"Why?"

"Because..." Baekhyun trails off, at a loss of words. What is he supposed to say? That he loves him?

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol sighs after a couple of seconds of silence, taking the few steps left to close the distance between them.

And all of a sudden, Chanyeol's finger is under Baekhyun's chin, tilting his head up so that he can stare into his eyes again. "You can tell me anything, really."

"I think..." Baekhyun stutters, "I think that's a bad idea."

Chanyeol chuckles and places both of his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders gently, a smile left over on his face. "Why? I'm your best friend, am I not?"

Baekhyun wonders how he can tell Chanyeol when he says stuff like this. When he treats him like he means more to him but says they're only best friends. How is he supposed to do anything about that? How is he going to stand the look on Chanyeol's face when he tells him?

How can he tell him, when he knows he's going to lose him?

Tears start to fill Baekhyun's eyes and the look in Chanyeol's own eyes changes from gentle to alarm, an expression of worry showing seconds after. He hasn't seen Baekhyun cry that often, because even if he seems small and gets upset easily, he usually says that "tears just aren't meant for me".

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asks quietly, and he quickly drops his hands from Baekhyun's shoulders, wondering if he made Baekhyun uncomfortable because of how close he was. "Did I do something?"

When Baekhyun feels the coldness on his shoulders, he only starts crying and Chanyeol's panicking even more now.

"I'm sorry—" Chanyeol says quickly, hating the expression of hurt on Baekhyun's face. "I'll leave, um."

Baekhyun shakes his head and Chanyeol's triple the amount of confused he was before, his mouth opening and closing as he wonders what that means. When he remembers that Baekhyun really likes hugs, he quickly wraps the shorter up in his arms, wondering if he did the right thing when Baekhyun doesn't move.

A few minutes later, Baekhyun's only sniffling and Chanyeol feels relieved, his hand running up and down the brunet's back.

And then, all of a sudden, he feels hands on his chest. He's being lightly pushed away.

"I need to tell you something," Baekhyun confesses, wiping his face with the sleeve of his sweater.

Chanyeol nods, not having a clue of how scared Baekhyun is—how hopeful he is for thinking that maybe after hearing what he has to say, he'll pull him in for a hug like he did just now.

Baekhyun takes a few deep, steadying breaths, before he decides to speak again, bottom lip still wobbling.

"I love you. More than a best friend."

The look on Chanyeol's face says it all.

baekhyun to chanyeol: mE likey, ME LIKEY LIKEY LIKEY, ME LIKEY LIKEY LIKEY DUGGEUN DUGGEUN DUGGEUN (fuck, you,)

yeah that's it bye