Chapter 2

The song for this chapter is "Pain" by Three Days Grace!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I lifted the brunette's small limp body from my car instantly taking in her sweet strawberry scent that almost seemed overpowering as it mixed with my masculine scent. I tossed my beautiful new Luna over my shoulders allowing my nails to grip her ass cheeks as I balanced her making sure she wouldn't fall. Fiddling with the handle on the front door to the packhouse I sighed. Now on to phase two.

As soon as I saw the goofy look in Carter's eyes when he looked at her, I knew they were mates. When I saw how happy he was, I could not help but ruin it. I had been waiting for this moment for months, and it was finally here. Payback at its finest.

I knew I had to move quickly before Carter caught her scent and demanded answers. Kicking the door shut as I darted up the stairs effectively avoiding my pack members who had questioning looks on their faces as they stared at the unconscious stranger.

Once in my room, I flipped her back over my shoulder effortlessly allowing her to be the only female to ever sleep in my bed. I could see her chest moving up and down slowly but by the way, her eyebrows were pulled together, I knew her body was still in pain. I honestly did not think her wolf would freak out so badly and they would completely blackout from me claiming her. I have heard of people marking wolves other than their mates but usually, those people were willing. Oh well.

As soon as I draped a blanket over her slightly curvy body, I heard a rapid banging on my door which made a smirk grow on my face. Let the fun begin. I took my time getting to the door, wanting the anticipation to kill Carter. Carefully I placed my new Luna's shoes near the door, wanting him to see them and to drive him mad. Right before I turned the handle, I yanked my shirt up, exposing my stomach in the hopes of making him think his made had lifted it.

"Oh hey," I murmured casually as I opened the door slightly and forced my body in front of the crack to block him from looking in. I let out a slight yawn as his dark eyes narrowed in on mine hatefully. His fists were clenched tightly at his side and I knew it took all his willpower to not immediately hit me.

"Where is she?" Carter urged angrily as he bared his teeth and tried to look over my shoulder. I shifted slightly just enough for him to see her shoes which I knew he did as his orbs flashed even darker briefly before his gaze returned to me. His anger was rising quickly, and I was enjoying every single second of it.

Scratching the back of my head I faked confusion. "Who?" I asked cluelessly cocking my head slightly as his chest began to lift and fall dramatically, his wolf beginning to stir around inside of him, and I knew he wanted out.

"Jamie" he hissed oh yeah, that is her name.

Chuckling heartlessly, I shook my head, pushing my hair to the side as if his concern meant nothing. "Oh, she's sleeping." I retorted keeping my tone casual as if I did not understand why he was angry.

"You just couldn't help yourself could you Nate?!" He screamed loudly his voice echoing through my hallway. He lifted his hands up placing his palms against my chest and giving me a rough shove, not caring that I was, in fact, his Alpha. Not only did I hold the rank above him, but I was significantly stronger than he was. He could push me all he wanted but with little effort, I could demolish him.

Holding back laughter I continued to play with his emotions. "Don't start a fight you can't win, Carter" I ordered teasingly though that did not stop his rage as he reached to push me again. Quickly I stepped into the hallway outside of my room, closing the door behind us so we did not wake my new mate.