Chapter 45

The song for this chapter is "Down With The Sickness" by Disturbed a video is attached. In fact, this song is perfect for Nate in general. :)

This chapter is dedicated to lwanano!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I could feel Brett's dark eyes burning into my profile as he watched me flip through the stacks and stacks of papers on my desk like a mad man. 'Relax' my wolf spoke to me in an attempt to calm me down though I heard the protective tone in his voice which let me know he was just as much on edge as I was.

"Nate, take a breath" Brett stated almost ordering me though I ignored his advice as I shoved my desk roughly away from me causing it to scratch against the hardwood floors.

"I can't take a breath" i sneered harshly jerking my head up to glare at him. I knew Chloe would be home any minute with Jamie in tow and before they arrived I needed a solution to this problem.

****

Thirty minutes earlier

'Alpha, some one is at the gates for you' my omega chirped wearily to my wolf, I could hear the shaky terror in his voice as he spoke to me even though he tried to sound confident. Knowing that Charley hadn't allowed this mysterious person to enter our pack land led me to believe it wasn't an ally.

With out much thought I pushed myself up from the table excusing myself from my delicious pasta lunch with my other pack mates. Curiosity got the best of me as my walk turned into a steady jog from the house, and down the messily paved roads. The journey to the gates wasn't a very far one, for a wolf at least. For us a mile and a half walk only took a minute or so.

I charged up to the stony bars where Charley stood with his fellow guard body, a delta named Valerie. Instantly their eyes shot down as they avoided my face like the plaque, a clear indication that they continued to fear me, which I wasn't proud of. I bowed my head slightly as a greeting, once their orbs met mine briefly I smiled hoping it appeared friendly and not like a sinister grin.

Valerie reached down pushing the button to open the gates. Before the doors fully parted his scent caught my nose. Shane. The small omega was standing perfectly aligned with me, glaring at me with eyes filled with hate. Without bothering to utter another word to Valerie or Charley I marched outside of the gates waving my hand in the air as a signal to shut it behind me.

The closer I got to the stout man the more I hated everything about him. His jet black hair had grown since I last saw him as it now hung well past his chin. His green pools appeared as glossy marbles as they held mine skeptically. "What are you doing here?" I growled staring directly at him as a second scent caught my nose, my mother. My head snapped from left to right as I looked for her yet I knew she was hiding back in the woods, afraid to come to close.

"We heard you found a new mate" my mom's new boyfriend uttered causing my entire body to expand outward as he spoke of Jamie. I could feel my wolves sharp fur poking against my skin threatening for him to make an appearance.

"She is none of your concern" I spat through gritted teeth as I cracked each finger slowly to distract myself from my wolfs ideas to end him. "What do you want?" I restated my point using different words.

"Chloe" he stuttered letting me know he was nervous to be challenging me yet hopeful that I wouldn't murder him so close to where my pack was. Though, he thought wrong as a powerful howl escaped my lips.

"You're never getting her!" I yelled loudly wanting my mom to hear. No matter how much she tried, no matter what she threatened me with, I wasn't letting her take my sister away from me.