Chapter 18

The song for this chapter is "Last To Know" by Three Days Grace. It's absolutely perfect for Carter!

Also, a picture of the happy couple is attached! :D

This chapter is dedicated to toffeegee!

Enjoy!

****

* Jamie Watson *

"Carter don't" I pleaded gripping Nate's shirt tightly from behind in an attempt to pull him away from the situation before it could get out of hand. I wasn't actually worried about Nate, I knew he could handle himself I was honestly terrified for Carter's safety. He may be a tough guy but he stood no chance against his Alpha, then again most people didn't.

"Why should I listen to you?" He spat back his black eyes unfriendly and cold as they glared at me cowering behind Nate.

"Because you don't need to do this" I whispered in an attempt to calm him as I tried to step out of hiding but Nate gripped my hip and pushed me securely behind him as if he thought Carter would hurt me though I knew he wouldn't.

"Oh, but I want to" he growled flashing me a smile revealing his sharp pointy fangs that were begging to sink into his previous Alpha. Slowly he ran his pale pink tongue against his teeth as if teasing us for what's to come.

"Please do us a favor and don't act like you care" Heather spat as she stepped up behind Carter. A menacing growl escaped Nate's mouth and I knew just the sight of them together brought back painful heart-wrenching memories.

Knowing she was getting to Nate she placed her hand on Carter's shoulder to get a bigger rise from him though all that did was send Carter over the edge. "Don't touch me!" He howled yanking himself from her hold. "This is all your fault" he accused boldly as she looked taken back.

"Me?" She hissed "This is his fault!" She stammered pointing at Nate. "You lied to me, you acted like we were finally going to be together but the second you see Jamie you lose all sense of reality" she hissed getting closer to him as my wolf began to kick in wanting to protect what was hers.

"Back up" I warned her pushing my way out from behind Nate without allowing him to stop me.

"Relax" Nate advised as he laced his hand around my waist delicately. How was he so calm? I was literally on the edge of changing. "It doesn't matter what she says" he cooed whispering directly into my ear as his warm breath fanned my neck causing chills to elope across my body.

As this was all taking place I could hear my dad telling me I wasn't going to make this mistake and telling my current Alpha and Wyatt that there was no way I was going to be with Nate. All of this went ignored as I focused on Carter.

"You make me so fucking sick!" Carter yelled at us now being held back by Brett, thank God. "Did you forget that he attacked you, Jamie?!"

"You attacked her?" Heather whispered softly seeming completely shocked by this though I don't blame Nate for not telling her. If it wasn't for my injury I would have kept it a secret as well.

Nate leaped forward ready to annihilate Carter; his patience was gone as his temper began to take over. His hand-formed into a fist, and one hit with it and I knew Carter would be in pain. "Nate no!" I screamed my voice almost deafening from the high pitch. Instantly he stopped as he turned to me. "Please don't" I begged as he sighed letting out his frustrations.

"I think it's best if you leave, Nate" my Alpha finally chimed in sensing the tension building even more and knowing he needed to take action before things got out of hand. Let's face it if Carter and Nate fought one of them wouldn't come out alive.