Chapter 15

The song for this chapter is "All I Want" by Staind.

This chapter is dedicated to Fionalibby!

Enjoy! Please don't forget to vote.

****

* Jamie Watson *

Today is the day I go back to school. I will finally face my entire pack and the humans after my abduction and attack. They will finally get to see my scars, and won't have to speculate anymore on how bad the damage is. It wasn't that I was popular in school or even in my pack for that matter being the Beta's sister had its perks at times. However, usually, I was just looked at as another member without any special treatment and I didn't mind it at all. However, popularity had nothing to do with the fact that I was the biggest news in the community.

It's not every day that someone is stolen and marked by someone other than their mate- actually it's never happened before. Not to mention, Carter has been introduced around by Trent and Wyatt and from what Lynn tells me he is looked at as a hero by some. "It will be fine" Lynn assured me as she straightened my unruly hair. "On the bright side even if people are thinking things more then likely they won't ask" she laughed causing me to do the same.

"That's comforting" I spoke sarcastically as I hiked my backpack farther up on my shoulders trying to keep my eyes focused on anything but my peers who were gawking as if I was some rare possession.

"See I told you they wouldn't ask" she began as we walked past a large group of kids who were staring intently at me "Wyatt really stuck it to them" as this left her mouth she quickly covered it with her hand and spun to me. As my eyes widened she sighed realizing I had heard her. "I wasn't supposed to tell you" Lynn murmured nervously as she chomped on her bottom lip fearing I would rat her out to our future Alpha.

"I won't tell" I assured her as I smiled to myself. Wyatt was really sweet, like my second brother always looking out for me. "Besides now I have leverage" I winked as she gasped expressing her shock.

"You are evil Jamie Watson, pure evil" my best friend grinned widely as if nothing had changed between us in the days I was gone and the weeks ai'd been hiding away in my bedroom.

****

It wasn't long before the questions began. Everyone wanted to know every single thing about Carter and Nate though I withheld all details and kept my answers simple. I guess they assumed if they didn't mention the attack they wouldn't get into trouble with their future Alpha. Though I had to admit it was seriously annoying how everyone was treating me as if I was fragile like I would break at any second. "Surprise" Lynn chuckled causing me to break from my wandering mind and focus back to the corridor we were exiting. I shook my head as I turned to her following her head as she nudged it toward the left.

Sitting on one of the tops of the outdoor picnic benches sat Carter looking as handsome as ever. His forearms rested on his thighs as he stared up into the sky earning himself looks from every girl that walked by without knowing it. Grinning widely, I marched toward him. When I was close enough I wrapped my arms around him from behind and resting my head on his strong sturdy back pulling him from his own daydreams. "Hi" I murmured into his shoulder blade.

"Hello Jamie" he purred welcomingly as I leaned up and pecked his cheek. "I wanted to come and see how you were doing" he admitted with a slight blush. Though as sweet as Carter had been to me being patient and encouraging I couldn't help but get annoyed. He too was treating me as if I was damaged goods and ready to snap at any moment. I know he was doing this out of love but, I couldn't control my frustration. As if sensing something was wrong he spun around causing me to sit up straight. "What's wrong?" He questioned thoughtfully.