Chapter 25

The song for this chapter is "Pour Me Out" by He Is We, this song is perfect for Carter, a video is attached!

This chapter is dedicated to HeartFeltSorrow22

I want to thank you all once again for all your support with this story, you guys are truly amazing and I love you!

Enjoy!

****

* Jamie Watson *

"It's nice to see you still alive" Carter muttered heartlessly as he gripped the railing of the stairs tightly causing the wood to crack from his extreme hold. His sunken eyes shifted to Austin taking him in from head to toe as he lifted his nose and sniffed deeply in the air, trying to place the scent that he knew was familiar. "I know you're human but..." He trailed off realizing he had just admitted we weren't human without knowing if Austin knew of our kind. His slip up instantly told me that his senses were weakened probably due to everything that took place recently.

"Carter, can we talk?" I asked biting down on my bottom lip as a nervousness crept through me. His dark orbs slowly moved back to me, an evil look laying in them as they penetrated into mine intently as though he was looking right through me.

"No" he spat harshly. "I have nothing to say to you" he growled his square jaw tensing up as he spoke and descended down the last few steps. I figured Carter wouldn't be so welcoming but I didn't think he would be as standoffish as he was. My heart began to ache from the disapproving looks he was giving me but I couldn't blame him for feeling the way he did. "Who is he?" He more ordered than asked keeping himself focused on me.

"Austin" I whispered lowly. Even though I had never told him Austin's name he seemed to know who he was, someone must have filled him in. A confused look etched itself on his face as his forehead wrinkled as he tried to place why the scent was familiar. "Please talk to me, I want to explain."

"Explain?" He laughed irritably. "What could you possibly have to say? That you loved Nate the entire time? That he makes you feel whole? That his touch completes you?" He rambled on, his sculpted chest moving at an increased speed when he said Nate's name. "Don't forget Jamie I was connected to you when you fucked him so I already felt all the details."

Hearing his words my body stiffened immediately, my shoulders standing firm and high as my teeth clamped together and I stifled a whine. Stepping forward I placed my hand beside his on the banister causing his breathing to increase as he stared at my long thin fingers close to his. "I'm sorry" I apologized truthfully, not wanting Carter to feel any more pain then I had already caused him. Slowly he moved his shaky sweat layered hand until it laid on top of mine and give it an encouraging squeeze. As though he heard the sincerity in my voice and was silently telling me it was okay. 'Please Carter just hear me out' my wolf spoke to him softly and gently.

"Alright let's talk" he beckoned gesturing his head up the stairs to where we could speak in private. I nodded as he removed his hand from mine and turned his body to go up. Though as I rounded the railing a voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Jamie" Chloe called out almost pleadingly as I spun back to see her bright periwinkle blues staring into mine a warning evident in them not to follow Carter. "No" was all she said as if I was going to blindly obey her. Don't get me wrong I respected Chloe and I liked her but speaking to Carter was something I needed to do, for me.

"I didn't ask for permission" I spoke impartially as she went bug-eyed realizing she had lost control over me and couldn't order me not to follow him.

'Nate wouldn't want you alone with him' she spoke telepathically through our wolves quietly trying to guilt me into listening to her fearing that Nate would be upset with me.