Chapter 34

The song for this chapter is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to my Boo boo, masked_and_unknown!

Enjoy!

****

* Jamie Watson *

The moment the final bell rang I was out of my seat and rushing toward the door. I barely made it through the day, I wanted to run and find Nate, just to know he was okay. Earlier he grew with pain, anger, and an abnormal sadness that seemed to over take his entire being. When I questioned it he silenced my wolf only to later tell me he was fine and he would tell me later. Him doing that proved that whatever had happened was something he wasn't ready for me to know. Knowing something was wrong I questioned Chloe who only told me Nate wanted me to stay in school and that he wasn't ready to talk to me just yet.

Sprinting toward the parking lot I searched the area for his car but he wasn't here. However, I did spot a very familiar silver pick up truck which only made me more nervous. Gulping I charged over to the truck and yanked open the door. As if on cue Trent's bright blue eyes met mine as they swirled with emotion. "Where is Nate?" I asked not expecting my voice to come out as weak and desperate as it had.

"He's fine" he assured me patting his hand on the seat signaling for me to get in. I'm getting really tired of hearing that. I wanted a real answer.

"Why are you here and not him?" I pried hopping directly into the truck just hoping he would give me the answers I needed.

He scoffed playfully. "That's no way to talk to your brother" he teased pulling from the parking lot before I even had my seat belt secure. Turning his head in my direction he showed off his friendly smile though his lips quickly turned downward as he saw my serious scowl. Sighing he gripped the steering wheel tightly, and adjusted his sitting position. "He's fine, okay?"

"Do you know what happened?" I continued to push him. "Please Trent" I whimpered when he remained silent.

"Listen, Nate wants to tell you and I'm taking you to him now" he informed me making my worry only grow. What was so bad that my brother had to keep it from me? "Before you ask me I'll just tell you... He didn't want to pick you up because he knows he couldn't have been able to wait until you got to his house to tell you, and he doesn't want to tell you when he can't... Comfort you I guess."

What the hell is going on?! "Our house" I corrected him wanting him to actually realize Nate and I as a true couple, in response he rolled his eyes. "Since when did you start helping Nate?" I asked a moment later when I realized by Trent's turns he was taking me to Paquete de Lune de Sangre.

"I'm not helping him, I'm helping you" he stammered defensively turning his back to me slightly in order to conceal his face. Peering around his shoulder he gave me a hard look. "I'm not working with him Jamie, I do not like him" he dictated sternly scrunching his eyebrows down to where they shielded his emotional eyes.

Nodding I laid my head back against the seat trying to convince my wolf that Nate was okay even though I wasn't sure myself. He felt so torn earlier whatever he was going through was tormenting him to the core. The pain that took over him crushed me immediately, it was like I was the one actually experiencing that conflict. The worst part was there wasn't anything I could do to help him.

"How do you even know that you love him?" Trent questioned causing my eyes to snap open. What kind of stupid question is that? Peeking over his shoulder our eyes met and he sighed seeing my confusion. "I mean obviously you feel it" he rolled his orbs again shoving his disapproval in my face. "But how do you know it's not just because of his mark?"