Chapter 32

*WARNING* this chapter does include a few provocative words. I apologize to anyone who may be offended by them.

The song for this chapter is "Headstrong" by Trapt.

This chapter is dedicated to JenniferGemclare!

Enjoy! <3

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

"Did you tell her?" Chloe whispered her voice barely audible. If it wasn't for the fact that our ears were incredible sensative we wouldn't have been able to even hear her. Darting her eyes back and forth between Carter and Lynn, she waited for them to answer, her face growing sad and laced with disappointment.

"Tell who what?" I asked eagerly though I already knew she meant Jamie. What I didn't know was what the three of them were hiding. Shifting my gaze I stared hard at Carter examining his face for clues. Unbeknownst to my stare he watched Chloe, silently begging her to remain quite. His features turned quickly as his face revealed he was absolutely terrified by what Chloe knew. Turning his head in my direction our gazes finally locked, once seeing the intense look I knew my eyes held he gulped causing his adam's apple to bob.

Noticing Chloe was torn and visibly upset, Brett, being the model example of a perfect mate walked around the counter toward her. His arm darted out and began to run across her back in order to soothe her. Sighing she looked upward at him as though she was asking for permission. He nodded slowly in response. "Chloe" Lynn called out almost pleading breaking their intimate moment "you don't have to do this."

"I shouldn't have to" my sister shot back hatefully "you should have! You are her best friend!" She roared dominated causing Lynn to cower in fear from the intense tone that came from such a tiny girl.

"This is about Jamie?" George questioned being late to the game as he stepped forward his gaze fixiated on Lynn, expecting her to explain herself. Continuing her cowardly streak she clenched her mouth shut not wanting everyone to know the secret she possessed.

"It was my fault" Carter interjected boldly before Lynn had the chance to speak- not that she would have anyway.

'Most things are' my wolf chimed in slyly not in favor of giving Carter a second chance.

"Tell them" Chloe demanded as though she still held ranking over him. "Tell them or I will" she threatened crossing her arms over her chest in a stubborn way while Brett tried his very best to keep her calm.

Sighing Carter looked at me before turning his attention to Trent and finally to Jamie's parents. "Before I ever met Jamie and knew she was my mate" he began causing my wolf to let out a low feral growl which brought the attention of the room to me, but only for a second. Ignoring their gazes I watched my old Beta intently, now knowing exactly what he was going to say but wanting to hear him actually say it. "Before Heather even," he added as a jab for my interruption "I slept with another she wolf..." He trailed off looking to his right where Lynn stood. He didn't ever have to say her name for everyone to figure it out. Carter slept with Lynn.

No longer would I ever see Lynn as the girl who helped bring Jamie to me. Or the life long friend to my mate. No, only one word described her perfectly, revolting. It wasn't the fact she slept with Carter that made she think she was repulsive- that was her business. What bothered me was that she had the audacity to keep this from Jamie- that both of them did.

"You slept together?!" Trent yelled his voice echoing through the kitchen. A look of disbelief washed over his face as he stared at the man he befriended and stuck up for. "How could you keep that from my sister?" He continued to badger Carter yet this time he shoved his chest roughly.