Chapter 44

The song for this chapter is "Dead To Me" by Simon Curtis a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to @teariffic!

Enjoy! P.S. This story is coming to an end. Wah. :'(

****

* Jamie Watson *

Last night after Nate came out of the office with Brody, his mood was a complete one eighty from when he had entered. Stepping out he peered into the kitchen where I sat with Chloe, he gave me a stern silent look to come which I did immediately. When I reached Nate, he maneuvered me in front of his body shielding me from Brody and Brett as he ushered me up the stairs without uttering a single word.

In fact other then mumbling 'nothing' when I asked what happened he didn't speak all night. Even when we were tucked away securely in our room he remained mute as he paced back and forth across the carpeted floor.

"Jamie" Nate called out, his voice almost bursting my ear drums as it pulled me from reliving the night prior. As his hand grazed against my thigh my head snapped in his direction taking in his distressed face and overly grown straggly beard.

Peering across the car at him, he still held that dangerous glimmer in his recently darkened eyes. "Sorry" I muttered unsure of what to say before bowing my head back down to stare at my bony knee caps. To be honest I just wanted to avoid his eyes, their was something in them that taunted me, something so familiar it startled me.

"Why are you apologizing?" He whispered though his tone was soft he seemed pained by my sudden action. "You're afraid of me" he hypothesized with a slight squeeze on my leg. I shook my head though the only images flashing through my mind were him smashing his fist into the gray wall of his bedroom, tossing his shoes roughly across the room, and flinging our belongings from the dresser. The guy that I saw last night was a spitting image of the way Nate was when I met him...simply volitile.

Gulping I peeked through the corner of my eye at him as he slowly put his car into park outside of my school. Instead of pulling up to the front like he would normally do he waited outside on the grass wanting us to talk without pressure. "If I just knew what happened I would be able to understand" I reasoned in a hushed tone as he sighed deeply running his fingers through his messy blonde hair at a quickened speed.

"If you knew Jamie we probably wouldn't be sitting here" he explained turning his gaze out of the windshield and taking note of all the human and werewolf teenagers walking about. "I know you should know, you deserve to know I just... I can't imagine my life without you" he admitted his words crushing my heart the instant they left his mouth.

Hopping half way over the center console I placed my left hand above his shoulder and my right on top of his hand on his leg. "You never have to" I promised as I rubbed his knuckles assuringly. There is nothing else that I could know about Nate that could tear me from him or make me think of him in a different light. I accept him for who he is even the screwed up actions that he did to get us here. Nate seemed shocked by my vow as he jerked his body to the side knocking my hands down.

Without being gentle his gripped the sides of my face unknowingly squeezing my jaw as he pressed his lips to mine hungrily. The kiss was almost panicked as he tried to convince himself and his wolf that what I said was true. I kissed him back instantly, pushing my lips harder against his matching his speed as well as aggression.

"Knock knock" a voice rang as my door was pulled open. Even though I knew the culprit was Austin I was still shocked by his abrupt entrance causing me to yank back from Nate and fall back into my seat. "I'm sorry to interrupt your little shindig but you are growing a crowd" he added nodding his head to the unmated Wolves who were seemingly getting off at my make out session with Nate.