Chapter 31

The song for this chapter is "Casual Sex" by My Darkest Days (this song is for the relationship Jamie once shared with Austin), a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to WeepLittleLionManx!

Enjoy loves!

****

* Jamie Watson *

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" Austin spat harshly the second I made my way to our usual picnic table. Gripping my wrist he yanked me to a sitting position on the wooden bench next to him. His dilated brown orbs held mine as they swirled with millions of emotions. "First you allow Carter to kiss you which by the way was fucking stupid-"

"It was only on the cheek" I defended biting my lip insecurely as he cocked his head to the side, his anger only growing after hearing my pathetic attempt at an excuse.

"Do you think Nate will care? Your boyfriend is insane, Jamie. I just watched him dominate Carter yesterday, and he probably will again" he tagged on making me gulp. "Besides Lynn told me what you said. You can't claim Carter as your own when he isn't. Seriously are you stupid or just completely clueless?" He rambled on twiddling his thumbs as he stared at my profile though I didn't dare look at him. Austin was always a carefree, laid back guy and it was a very rare occasion to see him worked out about something. However, knowing he was mad me all the more nervous to tell Nate what really happened.

"I don't know why I did that. I mean I don't want to be with Carter" I vowed craning my neck in order to look at him directly so he knew I wasn't lying. "I want him to move on- or so I thought I did..."

"I don't think Lynn should go after him either Jamie but it's not your call to forbid her."

"You don't get it!" I hissed standing up on the bench before jumping off to the ground. "If she gets with him it will only hurt him more when she finds her mate, he can't take any more heartbreak."

Shaking his head to argue with me I began to walk away needing some space to think for myself. Though I was stopped when he gripped my forearm. I could have yanked from his hold, I was stronger than him but, I knew he was just trying to help. "You can't do this to him, you're only going to give him false hope and you being indecisive is going to break Nate's heart" he whispered lowly causing my wolf to whimper miserably."But most importantly" he spun me back as he spoke taking a hold of my chin and forced me to look at him "don't do this to yourself. Let him go."

Nodding my head lightly I knew he was right. There wasn't a single part of me that wanted to carry on a relationship with Carter yet the thought of him mating with another wolf made my skin crawl. 'I'm sorry' my wolf apologized. She, too, confused by her possessiveness of the mate she was so eager to leave behind. Scooting my body closer he pulled me to where my knees were planted on the bench and my head rested on his shoulder. In an attempt to comfort me he laced his arms around my back holding me securely and rocking our bodies together slowly.

"Is this weird?" I asked causing him to pull back and me to wipe my fallen tears off on the back of my hand. Lifting his eyebrows he stared on confused as to what I was actually asking him. "Talking about Nate and Carter with you" I whispered focusing my gaze on his Adam's apple that bobbed slowly up and down his throat.

Letting out a light chuckle he released my body and leaned back against the table using his palms to support his body. "No, we are friends, are we not?" He proposed as I took the seat next to him once again. "We slept together so what, it's not like we actually have feelings for one another other" he reasoned with a shrug.

"I guess you're right" I murmured lowly and uneasily.

"Just because I'm a human doesn't mean I have these uncontrollable urges and I'm destined to fall in love with you. What we had... It was temporary and honestly, it just worked out that I understand your kind. You don't have to worry about me" Austin assured me as he turned to his left but instead of looking at me watching on intently past me. "You see Sara?" He asked causing me to look at the sporty red-headed human and nod lightly. "She saw you with Nate the other morning and came to inform me you were cheating on me" he laughed causing my lips to stretch upward. "After explaining we broke up and were better off as friends she proceeded to ask for my number" he grinned sheepishly a slight pink tint to grow on his cheek as I shoved his shoulder playfully.