Chapter 16

The song for this chapter is "Addicted" by Simple Plan.

This chapter is dedicated to bebravebehappy!

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

Groaning I shifted my body upward in order to look into Jamie's telling sapphire pools. "I don't want you to go" I pouted over dramatically as I clutched onto her body and held her in the bed keeping her as close to me as possible. Her skin provided me not only warmth but the security that I desperately needed.

She giggled cutely making my lips flip-up involuntarily. "Carter, I have to get ready for school," she told me as she pushed off of my chest playfully to distance herself. Her lips parted, revealing her shining teeth as she enjoyed our banter. My wolf, howling in delight at her happiness.

"No" I grunted pulling her closer into me, engrossing her scent. "You're all mine" I whispered secretively as I kissed her clavicle, knowing those words weren't true even as I said them. "Besides you don't have to get dressed you can just rock your jammie's and bed head" I suggested as she blushed and tried to straighten her unruly dark hair. Even though the messiness of it embarrassed her, I loved it. I loved how she was herself around me without fear of judgment.

"You are one to talk. You look like Alfalfa" she joked running her small hands through my brown hair tugging on the ends. She leaned down slowly as if she was going to kiss me but before our lips could meet she jerked back forcing the distance she needed to get ready.

My eyes darted to hers as she smiled triumphantly. "That was cruel" I scolded her as she gave in leaning down to peck my lips softly. Her eyelids fluttered shut as she enjoyed the kiss, taking in the gentle side I had to offer.

"I'm sorry" she laughed making my heart flip from hearing it "I have to get ready" she explained as I sighed and stepped up from the bed hesitantly.

I really hated her being gone all day. I just want to stay with her every minute. Especially after the whole Nate ordeal, I was constantly worried and not being able to communicate through our wolves was torturous. Though after Nate lets me go I will officially become a member of La Meute de La Lune Bleue and will be able to talk to her whenever I want. Every time she's gone I can't help but think maybe he'll show up and take her again.

Soon enough, when she's fully mine I won't have to worry anymore.

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

A loud knock on my office door broke me from my insane thoughts. I peered up through the glass door to see Brody looking back at me calmly. I waved my hand toward myself giving him permission to come in as he did. "Alpha" he spoke confidently nodding in my direction slightly to show respect.

"What's up?" I asked him casually finding no need in the typical formality of packs and ranking. Brody scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he took a seat across from me at the large table. Usually, when the pack members got together the table seemed small yet now as sixteen empty chairs sat between us it felt excessive.

"I know Carter petitioned to leave the pack" he began pausing briefly to see if I would object to the topic of my Beta but I didn't, I knew he was just curious. "Are you going to let him go?" He asked after a moment of silence.

I licked my dry lips nervously as I tried to think of the right words to say. "I'm meeting with him tomorrow along with the Alpha of La Meute de La Lune Bleue to discuss it" I replied politically not giving him a straight answer and not inviting him to tag along to decide his son's fate.