Chapter 26

The song for this chapter is "Had Enough" by Breaking Benjamin, a video is attached.

This chapter is dedicated to aprilviolet!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I stood directly in the doorway of Jamie's parent's house, ignoring everyone to my right who was surprised by my forceful entrance as my eyes trained in on Carter. He gripped the stair railing tightly cocking his head as his orbs met mine. Though he didn't look afraid like I would have expected instead he looked pretty happy, which bothered me more. Glancing down at Jamie who was two steps under him I took in the horrified expression on her face and the utter devastation that laid in her bright sapphire eyes and I knew it was caused by Carter's big mouth.

I tried to stay away when I knew Jamie was coming here to see him. Something about the way she told me she wanted to Trent led me to believe he wasn't the only one she had on her ammends list. I wasn't mad at her though, I knew Jamie had good intentions. She never wanted to hurt him, and regardless of my personal feelings for him,, I envied her compassion.

Instead of coming myself I sent Brett and Chloe, I knew my sister would watch over her while Brett was the voice of reasoning for his brother. However as fun as hiding in my car a couple of blocks away was, when Chloe told me Carter was about to reveal one of my biggest secrets I knew I had to stop him. He had it all wrong and I knew the fact that I never told Jamie about my highbred family would work against me and make her believe him over me.

My chest was heaving up and down angrily as I allowed myself to fully enter the house and maneuver toward my mate. 'Please come here' I asked her hating how close she was to him and needing her near me. She didn't hesitate as she began to descend down the seven steps, turning herself to look at her family slightly and locking eyes Trent as if wanting to ask him something but couldn't because their wolves were no longer connected.

"I knew you would be close by" Carter chuckled sharply tapping his meaty fingers against the railing. "That was quite the entrance by the way Alpha" he pushed me as I extended my hand to Jamie as she reached the bottom step, she grasped my large fingers as I tugged her over the top of the metal door that was now sitting on the floor due to my powerful kick, until she was directly in front of me.

"What is he talking about Nate? I know you know, that's why you're here" she whispered uneasily squeezing my hand tightly, silently pleading Carter was wrong and I didn't have yet another plan up my sleeve.

"I'm not leaving you, ever" I assured her as she nodded unsure of why Carter would even suggest something so absurd. "Hey" I called out trailing my free hand up her side causing her to shudder from my delight touch, I brushed against her bare collarbone until my thumb and pointer finger could hold her chin. I pushed it upward wanting her to look at me instead of my chest "I love you, okay?" I persuaded wanting her to believe me and not doubt my Genuity.

"I'm disappointed in you Nate, you didn't even tell your own Luna just how special you are" Carter spoke deliberately making a game out of my secrets. "Don't you think she should know who you really are?" He asked rhetorically placing his elbow on the banister and laying his head on it, flashing me a small innocent smile. By this point Brett being the good brother he was moved to the bottom step making sure to plant himself between us so I couldn't get to Carter, at least not without having to move him first.

Pushing the image of punching him from my mind I focused on my distraught mate who knew I was hiding things from her. "What does he mean?" Jamie asked again gulping nervously as her thin dark eyebrows crouched downward causing a slight wrinkle to appear in between them.