Chapter 23

The song for this chapter is "The Monster" by Eminem and Rihanna.

This chapter is dedicated to Linda11!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I sat on the edge of the bed watching Jamie apply the minimal make up that she always wore, not that she needed it but girls tend to believe they do regardless of what we say. My eyes scanned down her slim body taking in her fitted yellow top that clung to her curves and her tight jeans that could literally make me drool. So pretty much that exact outfit I wouldn't want her to wear when I'm not around.

It wasn't that I was insecure in fact I'm quite the catch but that doesn't change the simple fact of what's mine is mine and if necessary I would prove that point. I know how hormonal humans can be, they just want to have a good time and my mate was the absolute perfect candidate for most of those boys. Knowing that half of her school was humans made me extremely nervous not to mention Carter was very close, too close for comfort.

"Who is Austin?" I questioned when the thought came back into my head, Jamie had never brought up the name before but the pointed expression she gave her brother led me to believe she knew him very well.

"He's just some kid I go to school with" she spoke quitely from the bathroom peering up at me through the glass with a nervous expression on her face. As she chomped lightly on her bottom lip I knew she was not only lying but she was actually afraid to tell me who he was.

"I know their is more to that story" I murmured cocking my head slightly to the side watching her gulp deeply as the uneasy feeling in her stomach grew.

Slowly she spun around and walked toward me her bright eyes seeming dull as they met mine briefly before turning away. "Don't be mad" she instructed; usually when someone says that they know their next sentence will infuriate me. "I go to school with Austin and... He's the..." She paused as I waved my hand about persuading her to spit it out already "he's the human I lost my virginity to."

Her face scrunched up as though she was shielding herself from the hateful words as I was about to speak though I was at least happy he was a human; at least she was smarter than Carter. "When did you last sleep with him?" I asked her trying to keep my heart rate at ease and remain calm though in reality the thought of anyone touching my mate in such a way disturbed me beyond belief.

"Three-four weeks ago" Jamie admitted as my whole body stiffened and I could feel my features go hard noting that the last time she was intimate with him was not long before I marked her. "But he knows about wolves, and mates, he will understand" she assured me before I could lose my cool.

"You told him about our kind?" I growled lowly. For her to divulge such a secret she must really care for the kid, stupid humans. Instantly her head shook back and forth trying to assure me she wasn't the one to tell him.

"He knows because his great aunt was mated to an Alpha" she told me still looking nervous and I knew she was keeping something else to herself . "His cousin is... Heather Clark" her voice was barely above a whisper as she told me this a look of pity flashing through her face. So that's how they know each other. "That's how we met" she confirmed my inner thoughts.

I could feel my features contort as a disapproving frown hit my lips and a slight snarl escaped my lips. "Please tell me what you had with him was a casual one night stand" I sighed looking forward at the wall unable to face her. But even as I asked the questioned I knew that wasn't the case considering Trent knew who he was.

"It was casual but it has been going on for about a year" Jamie admitted sheepishly as she wiped her sweaty hands along her pant leg as my head snapped toward hers quickly causing her to gasp with fear.