Chapter 30

The song for this chapter is "Confessions" by SlipKnot.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you amazing reader  and my entire awesome family.

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

I was honestly completely and utterly stunned. Nate has always been out there with the things that he has said in his life but right now takes the cake on the most bizarre. The mood instantly changed in the room as everyone heard his confession and awaited my reply. However, it wasn't that simple. I couldn't just accept his apology and move on. "You're sorry?" I questioned wanting to make sure I heard him right? As he nodded his head lightly I began to doubt how genuine he truly was. Could Nate honestly be sorry for hurting me? Or was he sorry for hurting Jamie? Or was this part of his manipulative game to get into my head? I refuse to believe Nate had any other motives other than revenge, I knew him better than that.

"Yes, I am" he sighed unclenching his tight fists and almost looking sincere as his lips curled slightly downward to form half of a frown.

"If you are so sorry Nate then why did you take Jamie from me? She was my mate and you thought that would be okay?" He opened his mouth but I wouldn't let him continue, I needed to get this off my chest once and for all. "Sleeping with Heather was a mistake but it wasn't like I did it on purpose to hurt you but what you did was malicious."

As he heard my words he let out a low menacing growl and I wasn't sure if it was because I brought up Heather or because I referred to him as something but a prodigy. "You know Carter it baffles me how you are still trying to play the pity card. Chloe told me about your rendezvous with another she-wolf before Heather. The thing is you keep saying you are the better option for Jamie yet you can't even admit when you are wrong. I've done a lot of terrible things in my life but at least I can say I'm growing and learning from having a supportive Luna. All you did with Jamie was conceal your true self."

Chuckling I returned his evil glare as we went tit for tat "okay so I messed up I admit it is that what else do you want from me? I broke the number one rule twice and I regret it more than anything but you out of all people should understand what it's like to make mistakes. Just yesterday you beat the hell out of me-"

"That wasn't a mistake" he cut me off rudely causing my eyebrows to spark up to a high peak. "You ran your mouth and the things you said were" he pulled his eyes from mine and began to glance around just to kill time before saying what he was actually planning on saying "as bad as I was to you I never thought you would stoop so low."

"Well, now you have another reason to tell Jamie how terrible I am" I scoffed knowing he probably already told her what I said just to gain her sympathy.

Sighing he shook his hands as if shaking away his frustrations. "I don't need to tell her Carter, that's what you don't understand. I genuinely feel bad for what happened and for how far I took things. I don't want Jamie to hate you just because I do" he admitted letting out an exaggerated breath in the process. "Regardless of the feelings we have toward one another we will always be linked because of Chloe and Brett so we can either suck it up, act like men and deal with it or we can bicker back and forth for eternity."

"What does Jamie think about living under the same roof as me?" I asked smirking slightly thinking back to the fact that she hadn't pushed me away when I kissed her. Granted it was just a kiss on the cheek it still meant something, right? I could see Nate tense up immediately like he knew I had something up my sleeve yet not wanting to accuse me. Though I was true to my word, I wouldn't force Jamie to love me but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try to rekindle our bond.