Chapter 46

The song for this chapter is "You Were My Everything" by Aviation a video is attached. It's perfect I hope you check it out. :)

This chapter is dedicated to abzgurly!

Enjoy!

****

* Nathaniel Ryder *

I was anxiously awaiting Chloe and Jamie's return to the house. On one hand I promised Jamie the truth, and I knew she deserved it. Yet on the other hand I was hiding those same facts from my own sister. Actually, I was rethinking my vow at this very moment.

The front door opened causing Brett and I both to jump up possessing the same inner terror. The two girls were smiling at one another, enjoying the bonding time that they were having. Slowly Jamie's deep eyes met mine causing her lips to stretch even farther across her face. Though once Chloe turned in our direction, her nostrils flared as she took in our mothers scent. "She was here?" My sister muttered appearing almost terrified as she stared at her mate.

"She was but she didn't get pass the gates" Brett caved easily rushing over to comfort her in the process. With his words he let her know that the smell she was catching on to was in fact from us and not our mom's presence in our home. I didn't want her in here, this was our safe haven. A place where we knew we belonged and were loved. A place where traitors weren't allowed. Chloe's features instantly turned down as Brett rubbed her arms encouragingly. I could see the confusion swirling within her light eyes as she tried to piece together the messy puzzle.

'Who?' Jamie asked my wolf hesitantly from the door. She chomped down on her bottom lip, her face holding a nervous expression and I knew where her mind was. She was thinking Heather was here. Though at the same time she knew the scent was of a stranger and not the she devil herself.

'Our mother' I whispered back pathetically. As soon as her wolf registered my words she crossed the room, barreling over the small threshold of the office until she was latched to my side. In an attempt to soothe me she ran her petite fingers along my back and waist line slowly, not bothering to pry or ask questions but instead assure me that she was here for me. Without realizing it my eyes scrunched closed as I leaned down and buried my face into the crook of her neck, tangling my nose in her hair as I devoured her deliciously sweet scent.

"I don't want her here" Chloe announced only a moment later pulling me from my blissful somber. I let out a small uncontrollable sigh directly into Jamie's ear causing her entire body to shutter from the near contact of my lips on her flesh. Focusing more on the task at hand I ignored the loving desire building throughout my body and over taking my wolf effortless.

"I'll never force you to see her" I stated simply taking on my role of protective big brother. Though I have to admit her distant feeling would help me to keep my past where it belongs...in the past.

Sensing the intimacy of the situation Jamie's hands stopped their soothing rub as they rested on my shoulder. "We can talk later" she offered with a small polite smile. 'I'll go out for a bit this way you guys can talk.' To this I nodded gratefully. There was a lot that I had to talk to her about but at this moment, I had more that needed to be said to Chloe. And that selfless offer is exactly what she's the perfect Luna.

****

* Carter Stone *

To be honest I feel like I'm on cloud nine. I can practically see the little angels floating around in my perhiphal vision and hear harps playing softly in my ears. Okay I'm just kidding. It's not that intense yet my head did feel pretty fuzzy after hearing the truth about Jamie's feelings for me. I knew their was no way she could just forget about me. Nate and his stupid 'claim' just messed up her thought process it didn't actually change anything. Ha. Take that Alpha.