Eight

PANSY PARKINSON'S POV-

I had finished showing the new Slytherin students to the dorms with Draco before we started making our way towards our rooms. 

"I still can't believe that McGonagall announced him as Harry Potter-Malfoy! What was the old crone thinking," I asked my blonde friend as we walked the halls.

"I've no idea Pansy, but at least it will make him uncomfortable when people start asking questions in his classes."

"Maybe you husband will make some sort of deal with them on whether or not they can ask questions regarding his personal life." I started laughing as he shot me a look. "What?"

"Oh nothing. But you should probably get back to your wife."

I felt my body go stiff for a second before i shot back the same look. Now I know what that look was for.

"Whatever Draconius. You mustn't keep your dear boy waiting." I left him at his door and started making my way towards my own room. I opened the door and saw Hermione sitting on the couch in her nightwear, reading a book called To Kill a Mockingbird.

"You're back late, aren't you," she asked as she continued to read. 

"I was showing the first years to the dorms. I'm one of the prefects, so I need to take on my responsibilities as such. What about you? It didn't take long showing the Gryffindors to the dorms?"

"Not really. We have a tower, not the dungeons." She sent me a smirk and I just rolled my eyes before I went to the bedroom to change. 

"Just hurry up and get to a stopping point in that book because once I change, I'm going to bed and I don't want a lamp light keeping me between consciousness and sleep all night."

"You know you just want me next to you in that bed. That's why you want me to put the book down." I felt my face go red before I turned to her laughing form. 

"What!?"

"I'm only joking, Pansy," she continued to laugh. 

"Why you!" I tackled her on the couch and we took turns pushing one another around before we fell off the couch and I was hovering over her on the floor. We both stopped laughing before staring at one another for a while. I eventually cleared my throat and tried to get up before I felt arms around my neck.

"Pansy..." I looked at her once more before falling forward and kissing her. We stayed that way for a while before I smiled gently at her.

"Come on. Let's go to sleep." She smiled and we both went into the room before I finished changing and joined her. I held her close as I fell asleep and I know she could feel the smile i wore as I buried my face into her neck.

RON WEASLEY'S POV-

"What do you care!?"

"I care because it's bad for you and completely stupid, Blaise!"

"I've been drinking for two years and it hasn't done anything to me!"

"It doesn't matter now because it will soon enough! My great-grandfather's best friend died drunk because they drank so often that it killed him!"

"What do you care?"

"I care because whether you like it or not, we're married now and-"

"That's exactly it! I don't like it! you were never even my friend so how the bloody hell am I supposed to accept you as my fucking husband! I hate you!"

"And you think this is some unicorn ride for me? Newsflash Blaise. I've never liked a guy in my life! My family never allowed such lewd or insane notions, and now I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with some bloke who thinks he's invincible to anything and can get rid of his problems by drinking them away? well I'm not going to stand here and be insulted by the likes of you!"

We were both quiet as the tall Italian turned away with a sigh. he stood there with his back to me, but I wasn't backing down. I'm a stubborn child and I'm not going to end this on the losing side. 

"i know I'm not invincible."

"What?" 

"I said I know I'm not invincible. Are you deaf?"

"Shut up."

"No. I'm not going to let you think I'm some guy who would rather face death than defeat. I have some form of sense."

"You don't show it."

"Because I never have a reason to, Weasel. Now shut up and get ready for bed. I'm exhausted and I don't need the living room light on, keeping me awake."

He left the room and I fell onto the couch with a sigh. What am I going to do? Because of that stupid curse, I have to learn to love this guy and have a family with him before the end of the school year. Curse you Voldemort and your sick, twisted ways. 

"Maybe I should ask Harry how it's going for him. Same for Hermione. I'm sure both of them would have some advice for me." 

I got changed and fell asleep on the couch just the same as last night.