A new haircut

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

Few days passed and breathing was becoming more difficult to maintain, her sight was starting to blur and she was starting to get headaches every now and then when she lost too much blood.

Sometimes, if she was determined enough, she could prevent her body from breaking out into a violent cough but she would have to be careful on where she was. She couldn't let the others noticed.

Currently, she was in the infirmary, sitting on a stool (with Captain curled up on her lap) besides a speedily recovering Reika who was scrutinizing a strand of her hair.

Reika fidgeted with Shiki's uneven hair laying on her bare bandaged back, staring at it with a frown, "Hey Shiki, what kind of style do you want?" she asked, reaching for the shortest strand that went just below the shoulders.

Shiki petted Captain on her lap, "I don't mind, what do you think?" she asked.

Scarlet eyes stared closely at the hair before turning her gaze at the pirate that just walked in. "Oi, Leo." she called out.

"Yes?" he smiled, walking over to them.

Reika leaned back against the propped up pillows behind her, "How good are you with cutting hair?"

"Pretty decent." he answered, taking a seat at the foot of her bed.

Shiki looked up from Captain and tilted her head to her friend with a confused look, "You're not going to cut it?"

"I don't think I have the strength yet. My fingers still feels a bit stiff." she smiled apologetically, "I promise it won't be bad, okay?"

Shiki nodded with a small frown.

Figuring he was going to be the one to cut Shiki's hair, Leo quickly left to gather the necessary equipment while the girls discussed what type of style Shiki should have.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Moving Captain over to Reika, a white sheet was wrapped around her before it was tied at the back of her neck, Leo combed out her hair until there were no knots, "What were you guys thinking of?" he asked, taking out a pair of scissors.

"Something short like shoulder-length." Reika grinned excitedly up at Leo who bashfully turned away, "You could leave the fringe as it is, I kind of like the diagonal cut just hanging above her left eye." she then turned to her friend, making sure she was okay with it, "Is that alright with you?"

"It's fine."

With permission, Leo took a deep breath before snipping off a long length of hair off while Reika supervise, making sure he wouldn't cut any shorter than intended.

The sound of scissor snipping echoed through the room.

Shiki closed her eyes, taking advantage of the quietness, she thought through many things that needed to be addressed.  

________________________________________________________________________________

"Andddd done!" Leo grinned, stepping back from his work, brushing off any loose strand onto the pile of hair beneath them.

Reika's face erupted into a huge grin with flushed cheeks, "Kyaaa! You look super cute, Shiki!" she glomped onto her, rubbing her cheek against her, "A very refreshing look!" she squealed happily, she shot one eye at Leo, giving him a thumbs up, "Good job, Leo!"