Chapter 3

{Narrator's POV}

The monochrome clown whistled the tune of Pop Goes The Weasel as he walked down an empty hall. His claws were clasped behind his broad back and he held his chin high as he mischievously searched for a certain patient.

Jack had business he needed to take care off and the first thing on his list was tying up a loose end—Jamie.

The little boy was one of his favorites, but just like the others he had to go. Of course everything had been planned from the very start, befriend the boy, get bored eventually, and kill him. Simple as that. It was a special routine Jack had fallen in love with over the years.

However, he hadn't planned to run into a few kids playing around the alleyway he chose to kill Jamie in, but to him it was a mere bonus. The cries of pain and suffering had filled his ears with pleasure and certainly had satisfied his bloodlust. He always found a good murder or two to help lighten his mood.

But... When that nosy woman shoved Jack to the ground and ruined his oh so perfect plans, it left a burning hatred in him. Of course, he'd kill her after he took care of Jamie, but all things needed time. First, he'd savor tormenting her and plaguing the poor woman with nightmares, then he'd give her a ray of hope before ripping it out of her dainty hands with a sly smile. THEN, he'd kill her, when everything had worked out perfectly and satisfied Jack's childish personality.

He didn't like to lose. To anyone.

"Mmm...mahahah..!", Jack tried to suppress a triumphant laugh as he read the number on the door's plate. His devilish, dark eyes lit up with joy and he charismatically opened the door to his next pleasing murder. There, sleeping angelically on the hospital bed, laid Jamie. His mother slept lazily on the couch right beside him and his father in the recliner.

The sight brought a creepy smirk to Jack's lips. He was ready to rip Jamie's chest open and stuff handfuls of delicious, hand-crafted sweets into his insides, but Jack had to suppress himself for a while longer. He didn't only show up to kill the child, but he also needed to find the music box he accidentally lost. Jack had torn apart Jamie's house from top to bottom, but alas he never found it—thus leaving Jack with the only realization that maybe Jamie or his parents had it.

Either way someone was going to give it up.

The monochrome clown walked toward Jamie's sleeping form and gently lifted him off the bed. He felt the little boy stir in his arms to which he lovingly shushed him back to sleep. With caution to not wake Jamie, Jack laid his body on the ground and conjured up a knife.

Placing a firm claw on the boy's mouth, he used his other to slam the knife down on Jamie's delicate wrist. The boy's eyes popped open and, as expected, he began to scream horrifically and thrash under Jack's grip. The clown smiled kindly and placed a finger on his lips to signal the boy to stay quiet. "Your parents are trying to sleep~", Jack said sadistically and continued slamming a knife down on each of Jamie's shaking limbs.

The poor boy cried and a waterfall of tears cascaded off his hot cheeks. This sight sent a satisfied smile to Jack's ghostly-white skin. The clown then got up and let out a horrible, sick laugh, to which the parents easily awoke to.

"JAMIE!!! MY BABY!!" The mother woke up first and jolted upright to find a ghastly scene unfolding in front of her. Jack chuckled and raised his hand to snap his fingers. Belts appeared wrapped around the father's body and tied him to the chair, in which he thrashed and struggled underneath. "What do you want?!", the man asked angrily with a hint of fear and made Jack laugh at his forced bravery.