Chapter 23

{Reader's POV}

A pain throbbed inside my arms and my neck hung forward. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted as I tried to see through the bright room.

The light was blinding and it took a while before my eyes could adjust to the surroundings.

As I carefully raised my neck, another pain shot through it and made it harder to look up. I felt my body was tense and for some reason I could feel myself being restrained to a...chair?

A chair?!

My eyes popped open and I instinctively craned my neck to the left to see over my shoulder. To my utter disbelief, I noticed my hands and feet were tied to the chair with ropes. I started crying for help but when I heard nothing more than a muffled noise, I realized my mouth was taped shut.

Out of pure desperation, I began struggling and thrashing under the chair's ropes, but I only managed to scrape the floor. Fear overwhelmed me and I began to feel my heart racing inside my chest.

My nerves shot through my body and butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I lost my composure and panicked. The last thing I remembered was passing out in front of the mall...

"Would you calm down? You're safe here."

A voice spoke from afar and I jerked my head up to find Gabriel standing next to a door. I furrowed my eyebrows and gawked at the sandy brunette in shock. And that's when it hit me.

Rage surged through my body and all the fear I felt before quickly faded. I started yelling through the duct tape and thrashing in my seat aggressively.

"Heh, I get the feeling you're cursing at me", he remarked as he stepped inside the room and walked towards me. I glared daggers at the brunette and clenched my hands into fists from the anger.

Gabriel smirked as his hand hovered over my mouth and roughly pulled off the tape. Once a sharp, burning pain spread over my mouth, I winced and shouted in return.

When the pain subsided, I raised my head and growled at Gabriel, "Why the hell did you bring me here?! Tied up to a chair like some criminal no less!!", I bellowed.

The brunette chuckled at me and shook his head as if he were talking to a child, "It's as simple as that actually, I just want to arrest—"

"I'M NOT YOUR GODDAMN KILLER!!"

Gabriel's lips tightened shut and he knitted his eyebrows in frustration.

"I know", he responded bluntly.

I slowly relaxed my shoulders and stared confusingly at Gabriel, "Then why am I here?", I asked suspiciously as my frown returned. The young man let out a sigh as he walked around me and escaped my field of vision.

"Like I was saying before... I want to arrest the killer, and you, (Y/N), know where he's hiding—"

"Oh, so now you're saying I'm conspiring with him?! Where on earth do you get these ridiculous ideas from?!", I scoffed at the young man and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Gabriel huffed behind me and I could swear he was glaring at me at this point. "Don't try to lie yourself out of this one. You weren't smart enough to trick my dad and you're not smart enough to trick me", he boasted loudly as I felt his hands tugging on the ropes. I smirked at him and chuckled, "And yet he's dead and I'm not", I retorted.