Chapter 25

{Reader's POV}

Waiting inside the white room was beginning to drive me insane. Everywhere I looked there was always white, nothing but white. The chairs, bed, lamp, and the dresser were ALL white.

The seemed to be no end of it. At some point, I couldn't even distinguish when one thing started and the next ended. All the furniture had been chosen so wisely that nothing seemed to have a lighter or darker shade of white.

The only thing this room had for color, was me.

I seemed to stick out like a sore thumb with my modest clothes and nude colors.

I let out a sigh and glanced at my silver watch. The hands ticked by and with every minute that passed, my nerves began to escalate. It had been precisely two hours since Gabriel left me alone in the white room and I was beginning to worry.

My confidence was always with Jack and I knew Gabriel could never stand a chance against him but...

Gabriel wasn't like his father. They had many of the same attributes and habits sure, but Gabriel is more devious than his father.

Stan was the Chief of Police, he valued justice over anything else and never let his ambitions waver—even if that meant sacrificing a few people here and there, like he had done with me for instance.

While, on the other hand, Gabriel wasn't alleged with the police. He could care less about justice or morals when he deeply cared about something.

And revenge was the first on his list of ambitions.

"Hey lady! You're foods here!", a masculine voice echoed through the room as a man stood behind the metal door. I frowned and watched as he slid my plate of food through a small opening.

He waved goodbye and left me alone for the second time today. For some reason they believed I get hungry easily.

I huffed and looked away from the food as I went back to brooding about Jack.

I was leaning against the wall as I hugged my legs closer to my chest for warmth. Not only were the bodyguards bad at telling when a woman became famished, they also couldn't tell when she'd get cold.

They were a bunch of morons if you asked me.

"Hey lady!"

I knitted my eyebrows and grumbled curses under my breath as the bodyguard returned. His voice struck annoyance and I half-wished I had a pair of earbuds with me.

"The boss is back and wants to talk to you."

My heart stopped and my breath hitched as the guard's voiced carried itself throughout the room.

My face turned pale and I clenched my hands into fists, "Leave me alone! Tell him to go away!", I protested and dug my head in between my thighs with my elbows crossed on top.

The guard grunted and opened the door anyway to let the young man walk in. I tightened my jaw and pouted as the sound of his footsteps came closer.

However, this time there was another pair of footsteps along with Gabriel's. I knitted my eyebrows and raised my head to see who else he had brought to see me.