Chapter 26

{Narrator's POV}

"Gabriel, why have you brought us here? And why did you send us a music box?", an old man with graying hair inquired as he followed the sandy brunette down a hallway.

Other policemen trailed behind the two men wearing suits, and held onto their guns with great caution.

"The music box was merely preparation for what I have to show you", Gabriel smirked and caught a glimpse of the old man's reaction. He frowned and immediately stopped walking to stare at Gabriel in question.

"This isn't about your father is it? Forgive me, but your father has already moved on and left the case to us. I appreciate that you want to help us by avenging your father, but you're not qualified to handle this matter", the old, slender man noted as he pushed his round-framed glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Gabriel shook his head and chuckled at the frail gentlemen, "I understand... However, I'd appreciated a lighter critique.. I did catch the killer after all, I should be getting my thanks by now", he boasted.

The old man's eyes widened and he stood gawking at Gabriel.

Much to the sandy brunette's amusement, he stepped in front of a metal panel and pushed a button on the wall. "You must be pulling my leg! There's no way you could have caught—", the old man interrupted himself as he gazed at the nightmarish sight before him.

As the metal panel had slid upwards, the one-way glass revealed a monstrous, abnormally tall clown. The policemen gripped their guns and tightened their jaws as they stared in bewilderment at the hellish creature in front of them.

Gabriel sustained a laugh and smiled warmly, "Remember the box? It belongs to him. Once you touch it, you gain access to see him on your own accord", the brunette explained with amusement hidden in his voice.

The old man froze where he stood and trembled as he gazed in horror at the monochrome clown. His eyes darted in every direction as he tried to inspect every inch of the monster, but sadly, he couldn't comprehend what this thing was. 

"Him?", the old man cried and stared at Gabriel in confusion. The sandy brunette smiled again and nodded his head as he began to fix his tie, "Yes, he prefers you call him Laughing jack."

The old man gulped and took a step back to put more distance between him and the creature—for some reason, every time the clown stared up at the glass, he felt like the monster was watching him...ever so slightly.

"Is he a demon..?", the gentlemen quivered as he gazed at the clown's malicious, dark eyes. Gabriel shook his head and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm not sure what he is. What I know for sure is that he possesses strange powers and abnormal abilities. He was also responsible for murdering my father," Gabriel hissed near the end and glared deeply towards the clown. The old man nodded his head and turned his attention back to the matter at hand.

"Alright Gabriel, you won us over. What should we do?", the old man asked as he purposely avoided Gabriel's stare.

"Let's have him transferred to a remote facility where nobody can find him. We won't mention this to the media, it'll only cause an uproar. However, we should hire someone else to play the part of the killer to cover up this mess", Gabriel grinned and pressed his palm against the glass.