Chapter 16

{Reader's POV}

"What the hell are you doing here? How did you get into my carnival?"

Jack towered over me at his full height as I laid on the ground with ropes wrapped around my body.

"How am I supposed to know! I was gonna ask you that!", I said. Jack raised an eyebrow and squatted down in font of me. "We slept together in your bed, didn't we? I must have unconsciously teleported you here then", Jack explained. I frowned and let out a huff as my gaze turned to the zombie children beside us.

"Wonderful. Well that'll teach me to sleep in the same bed as you", I retorted.

Jack sniffled a laugh and smiled as he gazed down at me. His soft expression soon faded when he noticed the bullet sized hole in my arm. "Who shot you?", he asked in a deep, angry voice. I stiffened and the memory of the Officer leaving me to die flashed in my head. "It was him. Officer Stan I mean." Jack's eyes widened and he abruptly stood up from the ground to face the children.

His face turned anxious and he began to frantically scan over all the children's faces. "Where's Daniel?! He was supposed to be guarding the main Circus Tent!", he shouted angrily and watched as the children looked at each other in confusion. Jack scowled and waved his arm in the way to magically release me from the ropes.

"Take her to the Carousel!!", Jack commanded over the zombie children and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. The kids turned their sights to me and gently lead me through the carnival as I wondered about Jack's odd reaction to this.

"What is he up to..?"

~*~

{Narrator's POV}

Officer Stan tripped and stumbled in his footing as he continued to run from the hellish children.

He didn't feel slightly remorseful for cowardly leaving behind the woman to fend for herself. If he had stayed and protected her, like any good police official would have done, it would've gotten him killed.

It was either him or her.

Officer Stan was out of breath and completely exhausted. He had spent what had felt like an eternity running away from zombies and having to listen to annoying toys mock him with their endless laughter. Everything about this grotesque world reminded him of the cursed clown he hated so dearly.

Once he found a way out, he was going to arrest the clown and make sure he paid for this.

Frustrated and angry with the numerous and endless sightings of bloody children, Officer Stan shook his head and decided to run for cover. He accidentally stumbled upon an old Circus Tent and hurriedly dashed inside.

Carefully scanning over his surroundings, from the drapes, he watched the children mindlessly walk around and look for him. When the children couldn't find him, they continued walking and left the area. Much to the Officer's satisfaction, Officer Stan let out a relived sigh and turned back to the tent he hid for safety.

Rows and rows of bleachers circled around the podium with their dusty, old seats absent of any sort of audience. The ground was rough and bumpy, not much of a difference from outside, and the area where the podium was was stained with blotches of dried blood.

"COME ONE, COME ALL! WHETHER BIG OR SMALL! TO SEE THE BEST CLOWN OF THEM ALL!! The one, the only, LAUGHING JACK-IN-A-BOX!!!!",