Chapter 27

{Reader's POV}

"No."

My voice echoed through the desolate halls as I gripped the door with caution. The little boy cocked his head at me and gazed up at my big, (E/C) eyes.

I clenched my hands into fists and frowned at the boy as he examined my expression.

Now that I could get a good look at the boy, I realized all the features I missed when he was still alive. His hair was messy and a deep caramel brown and his skin a fair shade. He wasn't very tall either, more or less 4'11, and seemingly frail.

"Why won't you come with me..? Do I scare you now..?", Jamie asked in a soft whisper as his giant, white, gloomy orbs stared up at me in worry.

I shook my head and subtlety took a step backwards, "That's not it... I can't come with you because I... I just can't see him anymore..", I choked back on my words and felt my grip on the door tighten. Jamie knitted his eyebrows and pressed the palm of his hand against his small chest.

"My Master doesn't hate you, I can swear on it with my life."

"But you're dead, henceforth you're lying to me."

"Why must you be so pessimistic?"

"Why must you be so optimistic?"

Jamie blinked uncertainty and his mouth slightly parted. He frowned and shook his head as I perched my lips in defiance. Jamie let out a small sigh and sadly gazed at the tile floor below us.

"My Master wrongs many people. He has wronged me for that matter... But it's not always black and white with him. Sometimes he has hidden motives that no one sees. Remember, (Y/N), he once had colors... Not all of them faded you know."

My grip slightly loosened on the door and I gazed at Jamie with widened eyes. The little boy smiled and winked at me, "Don't tell me you've forgotten about that evening in the House of Mirrors?", he jibed as his mischievous white orbs stared up at mine.

I felt my breath hitched and I froze where I stood. Jamie tilted his head and his smile slowly faded, "What's wrong?", he asked timidly.

I shook my head and gawked at the boy as images of Jack's past flashed before my eyes.

"You were there..?"

Jamie stared at me in silence and lowered his gaze to the ground, "I wasn't just there... I planned the whole thing", he whispered.

"Don't get the wrong idea though... It's just... When I saw my Master spend nights thinking about you or reminiscing about the kisses you shared... It made me happy to see LJ happy...", Jamie smiled warmly at me and his eyes seemed to sparkle, "However, when I saw that you wanted to know more about him... I thought I could help, even if it was just a little."

I gazed at the small child and knitted my eyebrows as he silently grinned to himself. His white orbs were filled with happiness and love that he almost seemed alive again.

I bent down and laid the palm of my hand on top of his crown. Jamie's eye widened and he gawked at me as hot tears began to stream down my rosy cheeks.

"Thank you Jamie..!"

In that moment, I burst out in sobs and hugged Jamie tightly against my chest. His body tensed up at my sudden touch, but he gradually wrapped his slender arms around my back. With his chin resting on my shoulder, he whispered into my ear and giggled, "Welcome!"