Chapter 6

{Narrator's POV}

The room was silent.

Jack was standing next to the bed with wide eyes. Never had he thought that a woman would get the best of him—let alone TWICE!

The monochrome clown took a deep breath and gritted his teeth angrily. The urge to spill her blood over the hotel's walls was too great for Jack to contain anymore. He would give anything to gouge out her eyes or rip one of her limbs off. She was indeed becoming a meddling nuisance!

"'Round and 'round the cobbler's bench the monkey chased the weasel", Jack muttered the nursery rhyme under his breath as he stomped toward the door. His head popped out into the hallway and he looked both ways to catch sight of the woman.

"Curse tonight! ...and here I thought I'd have lots of fun!" Filled with frustration, Jack shook his head and stared down at the floor. He closed his eyes and listened intently on the silence. The woman couldn't have gotten very far, and lucky for him he knew he was close enough to sense his music box. All he needed to do was wait...

Jack's eyes shot open and he stared at the ground once again in shock. His expression soon changed and his smirk soon returned.

"The monkey thought t'was all in fun, Pop! Goes the weasel! Ahahaha!!!", Jack cackled as he suddenly raced down the hall and smiled like a maniac.

His horrid laughter could have woken up the whole building but his magic was too strong to let them. It didn't matter though, the only person he wanted hearing his beautiful voice was the woman. Hopefully, she was trembling inside a corner praying that she'd survive tonight's dreadful events.

That sure would send a smile to Jack's face.

The monochrome clown grinned from ear to ear and advanced toward the direction of his precious toy box. With every step he took, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he could finally slaughter the woman for what she's done to poor old Jack.

"Yes! I can already smell it in the air! My glorious candy melting inside her pulsing organs!! How enticing!! Ahahahaha!!!

~*~

{Reader's POV}

I clutched my aching neck as I ran down several desolate halls. The clown's insane laughter could be heard from where I was and it only sent my heart racing. I panted harder as I searched every nook and cranny of this hotel for a cell phone.

With every second that ticked by, the hairs on the top of my skin stood on their ends. My eyes were wide with fear and my staggering strides reflected my desperation. I felt a cold sweat run down my back and with the clown's laughter growing louder, I bit on my lip to muffle my cries of fear.

Lucky for me, my wounds healed right before the clown decide to kill me, otherwise I'd be an easy target.

That's right, the clown is actually going to kill me.

The thought seemed foreign to me while I was in the hospital—I had never imagined he would actually do it. I was stupid to think he'd overlook a witness.

However, I should have known better. The odd, curious box the parents had given me should have been my first clue, but in the heat of the moment I missed the obvious connection. The boy had referred to the clown as LJ and on the box it read Laughing Jack.