Chapter 3

I do not own Naruto

The alarm went on, calling me out of bed. 'I hate waking up early' I thought as I turned off the alarm and crawled out of bed. It was 4:30. For god's sake Kakashi sensei, why it has to be this early? I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and went to the kitchen to find something to eat but I remembered that Kakashi sensei said not to eat any breakfast. So I just put on my black trousers, and t-shirt, brushed my hair, and looked at the mirror to check myself, applied a little, almost unnoticeable lip gloss and went to the door.

I came to the training ground we were supposed to meet, and Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke were already there, but our sensei was once again late. 10 minutes has passed since the time he said we would meet.

We were just in the middle of training ground, waiting for our sensei. After a while Naruto got tired of standing and lied down on the grass. We had nothing to do. I was so bored, so I sat on the ground and started reading a book from where I left.

After 3 hours, he finally decided to show up.

- You're late!! -shouted Naruto and Sakura.

I closed my book and put it in my bag with the kunais and shurikens and stuff. I looked at him, and he was doing the same thing while answering to those two. He had this orange book, with 'a man chasing a girl'- cover. I saw it when he was putting it into his equipment pack.

- I'm sorry, i got lost on the path of life -he said calmly, while smiling. I can tell he was smiling by the shape of his eye. Naruto and Sakura were looking at him with 'you think we would believe that?' expression on their faces.

' I haven't seen him smile before' I thought as I realized that I was staring at him.

He looked at me, and my heart yet again started to beat faster. I tried to guess what he was thinking but I can't really see his expression 'cause of his mask. I stared at his intimidating but yet soft eyes and all of those questions came back to me. Then he looked away and said

- Alright, today we're gonna do survival exercise.

- Survival exersize??

- Yes, I will set this clock at noon, and you have to take these bells away from me by that.

He showed us 2 bells in his long fingers.

- Wait, how come there's only 2 bells when it's 4 of us? asked Sakura. I was curious about that too

- Well, that means only two of you could pass, and the other two has to go back to the academy.

- What? Then what was the graduating exam for? asked Naruto

- Oh, that was just to see who's capable enough to become a genin. Ok, now you have to come to me with the intent to kill me, so you should use your kunais, shurikens and your other equipment.

Well of course we should, even with that we couldn't get near him, he's a jounin!

- But sensei, that's very dangerous.-said Sakura.

- No it's ok, we probably won't be able to put a scratch on him. His league is far different.- I said looking at Sakura's direction.

- And if you can't get these bells away from me by noon, you won't eat anything while i eat my lunch in front of your eyes. -'so that's why we weren't supposed to eat breakfast' i thought.

- Ok, when I say begin, you could start trying to take these bells from me. Now...

Naruto immediately jumped to him, and in the split of second, in a flash of movements Kakashi sensei was behind him, holding a kunai at his head. I didn't even see him.

- I didn't say begin yet. But you did come to me with the intent to kill me, i'm starting to like you guys.– he said

- Now begin!

I immediately flew as the others and went behind a bush. Then I saw Naruto, he didn't hide? Well I guess that's expected.

- Let's just fight fair and square-he yelled.

He didn't see what happened just a minute ago? We're nothing compared to him, fighting Kakashi sensei "fair and square" wouldn't get him to anything.

And then Kakashi sensei reached for his pack, and put out the same orange book he was reading.

- Why are you reading that book? -asked Naruto

- To know what happens next of course.

- I'll destroy you!! Shadow Clone jutsu!-yelled Naruto. He was fighting him rather well than what I was expecting.

He sure got better, but just not enough. After a moment I saw Kakashi sensei behind him and his hand was, ..wait a hand sign? Well he wouldn't do anything dangerous to his student,..right?

- Naruto, get away, you're gonna get killed!-shouted Sakura.

- Thousand years of death!

And just then, I saw Naruto flying in the air. He.. he poked him? I calmed down a bit, but still I felt sorry for Naruto. That had to hurt!

I didn't know what to do, I mean even at the right moment, when he's distracted I can't do anything. Even if I can be tricky, and much, much better than Naruto. It's totally useless to fight him one on one.

He was so sure of that, and he was even reading a book while fighting him. Then.. if he was certain that we can't lay a finger on him, then obviously he was certain that we can't get the bell too. Then why would he tell us to do such a thing? The way he described it, we should be on our own 'cause there's only 2 bells for 4 people. But on our own.. it's impossible. ..Could it be?

If I'm right, this is some tricky thing for him to do. But that's the only explanation that I can find. While I was thinking through all that, Naruto got himself tied to a tree. What the hell happened? And just then I heard a loud high-pitched scream. It was Sakura. 2 down, and it has been only half an hour. I quickly ran up to Naruto, and cut off his rope with my kunai. He looked at me with wide eyes, and said

- Why are you doing this? I thought we're all rivals here.

- Can't you see? The key is team work. Atleast I think it is. It's impossible if we're on our own, and you're the one who just experienced that, right?

- Umm...yeah..

I knew he was getting like 20% of what I was saying, but for now that's good enough, we can't lose time.

I hurried him and dragged him behind me while I was looking for Sakura. And then there she was, laying on the ground unconscious. Naruto ran up to her and shouted

- Sakura-chan, Sakura-chan!! Wake up! – he shook her hard, but careful. It was no use. She has fainted, and didn't look like she was gonna wake up soon.

- She's useless. We gotta find Sasuke. She should be safe here, we're up against our sensei, so I'm pretty sure he's not gonna do anything more to her.-I said

Naruto looked frustrated, and kept shaking her, but then he nodded and got up since he knew she only fainted. Wow I really didn't think Naruto would get it.

I'm very sorry but that's it for now. I gotta wake up early tomorrow. Comments down below, and please tell me what you think about the story. Goodbye for now. loveyou