Chapter 14

The man looked at us with sharp eye. I stared at his visible eye, but looked away. Darkness, cruelty. I could just tell how he is, what does he do. How many people has he killed? How many families and kids were left in deep pain in their hearts 'cause of him?
I shivered. Kakashi sensei looked at me.
- Don't worry, it's gonna be ok.
He tried to comfort me but even in his convincible, calm voice, i could sense the hesitation. I knew why. This wasn't a simple case like the twin chunins before. I looked around us, this place has a lot of water unlike Konoha.
- Ahh, Zabuza.
He knows him?
- What is the intension of a roque ninja like you?
- The copy ninja, Kakashi Hatake of the Sharingan. You were in my bingo book before i ran away. I always wanted the opportunity to fight against you. But.. i have no need of killing you, so if you just step aside, and give me the bridge builder, i will let you and your little brats go and live your worthless little life.
He said in a monotone. His voice was ice cold like his eye.
- I'm afraid i can't do that.
Kakashi sensei said coldly, not with his usual, comforting tone.
I was almost shivering. He can talk like that with "the copy ninja" even when he knows who the copy ninja is what he's capable of? Who the hell is he?
Kakashi sensei looked at me with concern. I guess the feeling looked on my face.
- Calm down, babe. I'm here, i will protect you with my life.
He whispered so low to my ear, even i had trouble hearing it correctly. But those words was like a hot water spilling to my frozen heart. I can feel my blood getting a little warmer. I breathed out the air i didn't know i was holding. Right. Why was i so scared? He's here.
But what if he gets hurt while trying to save us? Or even worse..what if he gets killed?
While all that, a lot of fog appeared out of nowhere. What is this? Genjutsu? No. I looked at him to see if he knew anything. He was ready to fight, with a kunai in his hand.
- Be careful, Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke! Protect Tazuna!
I looked around but now the fog was too thick, i couldn't see anything. But i knew what i should do. I should protect Tazuna no matter what. I sensed Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke's chakra a few steps behind. They should be near Tazuna. I went to their direction but a hand stopped me.
- No, stay near.
I heard his voice.
- But, Tazuna..
- Three people are protecting him, he's fine.
- No, he's not, i have to..
- Please, ____. I'm sorry but please stay here, for me.
I was surprised.
I looked at his eye, his pleading, sad, painful eye. What do i do? Is he fine on his own? A side of me knew perfectly well that he's alright, that he will never go down that easily. But another side if me didn't want to leave him, or make him leave me.
- Allright..-i said knowing i should've go.
The fog was even more thicker now, and now it was harder to think or even feel now. I'm getting number and number, it's like i'm in deep pain however i can't feel it. If this continues on like this...it will take all my sense. It's better to just..die.
- Don't worry, Sasuke. I will never let my comrades die. I will protect you with my life, trust me.
I guess Sasuke was thinking the same thing.
But his words got to me more than Sasuke. Right. Calm down, he's here, he knows how to handle it as he always does. But deep down, i didn't want to rely my whole life on his shoulders, i felt like i was such a burden. But it was hard 'not' to rely on him. I looked at his blurry figure. Hmm..why can't i feel his chakra? Well it wasn't completely gone, but i couldn't sense the strong flow of chakra of his. A clone? Ahh, genius. Eh, no surprises.
- I wonder about that?
Said Zabuza's voice. His voice was from where Tazuna and the other three were. But i wasn't terrified, 'cause i knew what was about to happen.
In an instant, Kakashi sensei appeared behind him with a smirk. He stabbed him in the back.
- H-How?
- It's over.- said Kakashi sensei.
But after a moment, Zabuza turned into water, it was a clone. And now, things were the opposite. Zabuza was behind Kakashi sensei. Probably thinking it's over. But he just doesn't understand that he's underestimating the copy ninja, a little too much. As expected, Kakashi sensei turned into a puff of smoke.
- When did you..?
Kakashi sensei was already in front of him.
I wanted to help him but i knew i'll only be a burden.
- It's over - said Kakashi sensei.
But in no time, there was invisible needles in his neck. Did Kakashi sensei do it? No.. who was that?
Suddenly, a blurry masked kid appeared in front of us.
A/N- sorry for the short chapter, i was intending to drop this story, but it was too valuable to just drop it, and a lot of you guys were asking for an update, so i didn't want you guys to wait any longer. This has been in my notes for a month, unfinished, but here it is. Again sorry, tell me what you think, love you all