Chapter 15

- Run! Run for your life.
- Idiot, the only choice we have that we could survive, is to save you!  Not that i want to.
My mind was still there, at that place surrounded by water. Sasuke's words, knives, fists, teamwork, and a moment of relief. A moment of relief when i saw him ok, out of death's danger. But i knew that was just temporary. And again, a masked boy, his unexpected powers, ice, blacking out, blood, blood, blood, a weird chakra, and .. those needles that were coming at me. Are those needles? Or knives? I couldn't know for sure since i was already near to death.
This is the death of me. So? I've lived more than i deserved. Because of him. It's wrong of me to ask more in this life.
-I smiled.- I'm not ready to leave him, but.. i was ready to die. The last thought i had, just laying on that piece of ice pathetically, waiting for the needles to come get me. It might sound stupid, dying cause of needles, -i laughed to myself- but.. i was already close to death. Just one more, and it was it. I couldn't feel my body.  But in that second, i just.. pictured his face. Pictured all the times i've been with him. How did he look like when i first saw him, my fast heartbeats.. Flashback-"My first impression of you guys.. you're idiots" - i laughed to myself-  our first kiss, how did his lips taste like.. the sight of him unmasked, and just how, perfect, beautiful that was..our first date.. our first night together.. that white sheet, sound of the birds.. and.. the indescribable feeling when i knew i was in love with him. Every touch, every kiss, every words.. the moments of my life, the happiest. That short moments which valued the most. And.. i'm about to let all of those go...
I blacked out after i saw something blue, with the uchiha symbol.
...
"Don't leave me! ____, you hear me? I can't imagine my life without you, there's no life without you....................Please, no, please, just..don't............. open your eyes baby, open your eyes.. please. I..i love you.."  - my senses were too weak to hear all of what he's saying. But as always, i can hear his voice clearly. His soft pleading beautiful voice with too much pain in it.
i love you too, Kakashi. Will always love you.
....
I was glaring  at the white ceiling dreadfully as usual. The mission was over. Successfully. But.. not for me.
That boy, Haku. He wasn't what we thought he was. He was a pupil of Zabuza. He didn't kill him, he healed him, and they came back to fight us. They were strong. Too strong.
We were all in the hospital, in fact we were in the hospital for the past two weeks. I was alone in my room.
- hey, ____. - called Naruto, coming in my room followed by Sakura.
I didn't answer.
- c'mon, still?
I just kept glaring at the ceiling.
Sakura didn't get any injuries, and Naruto was done healing. His injury wasn't as deep as me and Kakashi sensei's, and his nine tails chakra helps him recover quickly, so.
- How's him? - i asked.
- Him? He's ..fine
- He's still didn't gain conscious, has he?
- Umm..no, not yet.
I covered my face with my hands. If he hadn't jumped in front of me..
i started crying in silence.
- ____? I'm sorry, but it was Sasuke's own choice, it's not your fault..
- Yes, it is. Can't you see? He's almost dying because of me.
- No, he isn't. And what do you want me to say to comfort you just a little bit?
- He's your one and only friend, and he is almost dying because of me! You should be mad at me, not comforting me. The way you're acting is making me feel more guilty, and more dead, i want you to scream at me with all your might, and say all the swears you know to my face. I want you to hate me, that way, at least i get what i deserve. - i said with tears. - i'm so sorry. I should be dead by now - i said looking down. I don't deserve to have someone who is ready to risk his life for me. He shouldn't go that far.
- Then "i'm" sorry. I can't give you that. - said Naruto. He was a way too good friend.
- I'm so sorry, i'm sorry.. and Sakura? For you too, he was your love, and.. he might be..
- He wasn't my love. I always loved him, and respected him than i ever loved someone else. But.. he was never mine. He was yours. - she said with no emotion.
- What are you talking about?
- C'mon ___, you know he's yours. But you're not his, you're.. somebody else's.
I didn't answer.
- ____? I think i know the answer, but.. what exactly is happening between you and Kakashi sensei? - asked Naruto. - when you were unconscious, laying on that..ice, well not just you, Sasuke too, Kakashi sensei was begging you not to die in a way that.. he wouldn't just to a student? I might've heard wrong but.. i think he said he loved you. And a bunch of other stuff.
I remembered that. I was barely hearing what he was saying, but i remember clearly that he said i love you.
- i guess no point in trying to hide it any longer. Yes, what you're thinking is true.
- Am i interrupting?- said the only voice i wanted to hear all along.
He was there, with a white mask and his one eyed smile. His head band was gone, and he had a purplish color beneath his eyes saying that he was tired. My whole body warmed as i saw him, as if the dead self of me from the past two weeks, has finally woken up.
- No, sensei, come in. - said Naruto.
- Thanks.
- What are you doing? You should be in bed. Are you ok? - i asked.
- Yes, i'm okay, i asked the nurse to let me out for a couple of hours.
- And she just let you out knowing your condition?
- I might've pleaded a bit. In fact, i've been asking if i could go out for the past two weeks.
- Why would you do that?- i asked hiding the fact that i was more than glad to see him.
- You want me to go?
- No, but..
- Alright then. - he smiled charmingly at me.
Naruto looked at the both of us, and awkwardly said "umm, alright, i think i should go.. to, you know, give you guys a minute. C'mon Sakura."
They got out. He sighed. His eyes filled with pain.
- ____? You know you have a choice..
- Are we really talking about that again?
- After all that's happened, are you still standing at your point?
- Yes. I will never, ever, leave you. I can't. I made that clear.
- He's ready to give his life for you.
I looked away. That was true. But it didn't mean i will change my mind. I felt sorry for Sasuke for what i'm about to say.
- He can do anything, but it can't make me love him more than i love you. Ever.
- How can you be so sure? Maybe if i was gone, and when time passes..
- What do you want, Kakashi? - i didn't add the sensei part like i always did.
- Do you want me to go? And be with him? Is that why?
- I want you to be happy.
- So you don't want me.
- What? What are you talking about, ____?
He wiped the tears of my cheek i didn't know i had.
- I will always want you. You hear me? Always. - he said embracing me.
-  I just.. want you to be happy. I want you to know you have a choice. Just because you think you're in love with me, doesn't mean that has to last. I don't want you in ten years, looking in the mirror, regretting your past decision.
- There's no happiness without you.
He sighed.
- I guess no point in trying to fight you any more. - is he really giving up?
- Fine, i got it. - he said.
I smiled. For the first time in a while.
- i see you're happy. - he said laughing a bit. 
Someone dashed in the room.
- Kakashi! You should be in bed! I know you're visiting your student but.....
The head medical ninja, Tsunade had seen us and remained speechless. First i had no idea, but then i realized what we must look like right about now. We were on the same bed, with him embracing me. I didn't know what we should do now. Can we magically find some very believable excuse?
- H-he fell, a-and...
Great, now's the time in trying to be like Hinata.
- Yes, Tsunade, i know what you're thinking, and it's true. I'm sorry.
She looked at my blushed, frightened face and his straight, calm face repeatedly.
- I..i always knew that you were the ladies' man, but... i never thought you would end up finally giving in.
- Well, things happen. It certainly wouldn't have if it weren't for you. You melted my frozen heart with the warm light that is within you. - he said looking in my eyes with his soft, charming tone which is my favorite.
It was the wrong time, wrong place to say that. I didn't care.
- Alright... - Tsunade said. I almost forgot she was even here.
- Now, Kakashi? I realize this whole.. thing is very important to you, but i really need you to go back to your room, and get in your bed.
- Give me one hour.
- No.. Kakashi..
- It's okay, you should go. - i said. I didn't want him to go, in fact i wanted him here for forever, but he has to go back and heal.
- Your health we're talking about here, just go.
- But..
- She said go, now c'mon. - said the little irritated Tsunade.
- We're talking about you two later - she shot us a look, boy that's gonna be a long talk. - but now, i need you guys to heal, okay?
- Okay.
He quickly kissed me on the lips before Tsunade-sama dragged him out of the room. She looked annoyed by us. I chuckled. For the first time in 2 weeks, i slept not getting my pillow wet 'cause of my tears.
A/N- for those who wanted an update, here it is. I'm very thankful. Follows are very appreciated. I will continue writing this story, love you all.
Vote and comment.