Chapter 18

- You can still change your mind, you know.

I rolled my eyes as he said that sentence probably for the millionth time.

- I decided. – I answered for the millionth time. He fixed his throat and the grasp of his hand tightened around mine.

- Then you should meet... everyone. For the.. – he looked away.

- The last time. I know, but before that, I think we should talk about how to... you know.

- Yeah, I thought about that, but I still can't figure out how to convince everyone we're dead without a help. Let's say we make them think one of us is sick. Then we'll need a doctor's word to make them truly believe so. But we can't involve anyone in this, Danzo will make Inoichi interrogate them except it's someone with higher ranking than him.

- Hokage –sama. – I whispered.

- What?

- You think she'll listen? She's the head doctor, she can convince everyone we're sick. And Danzo couldn't do anything with her...

- We have to be very careful with our actions. For instance, we can't both be sick, that would be suspicious, wouldn't it?

- You're right. But then how about the other one? – I shook my head. – I'm getting ahead of myself. We don't even know if she'll listen, which is very unlikely.

- Let me see about that. – he said smirking. – she kinda... owes me one.

Tsunade's pov.

Ughh, I can not believe he had dragged me into this.

- Kakashi. You've broken a rule, hope you're aware of that.

- Yes.

- And we have no choice but to put you in jail. I'm sorry. You will serve jail time of... – said the old lady.

- I understand. But I don't think my health will stay on that long.

- What do you mean?

- I have a difficult health condition. – he said and looked in my direction, moving his eyebrow a bit, motioning me to start talking.

- But you seem alright...

- After his fight with Zabuza, he had some serious injuries. It is possible that he will die– I said, trying hard to sound as convincible as possible.

- What? Oh, lord. How much time does he have? – asked the old lady in a worried tone. Seriously, what is her name again? Ehh, to me, those two will always be old man, and old lady.

- How do you know? – asked Danzo with furrowed eyebrows.

- I'm his doctor, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. – I said a little irritated.

He shrugged. – well then, how much time does he have? – he asked jokingly. He's not buying it.

- We don't know, he has serious damage in his brain, his chakra flow is not coming to a certain spot in his brain, which is an irregularity. And there are some other damages in spite of that, as well. But that's fine, he wouldn't die cause of it, but the brain controls everything, and if the chakra flow stops responding to the brain, in other words if the brain stops receiving the chakra, he will... die. – i said all of it in one breath, with a matter of fact tone.