Let me Be

Sarabi P.O.V

"See the thing is I am living with someone. A family friend. So it's not really my house. He is letting me stay with him and his family. He didn't mind me bringing you. He even got your own room." My mother told me as we walked to a huge house and a big door. I drove in my truck to clear my head a little she drove in her car.

"So who is this friend?" I said while she put a key in and opening the door. I walked in to see a woman and a man in the kitchen. I seen the mans face on build boards. The woman was pretty she had long blonde hair. She was skinny but a thick skinny. The man had brown hair and really fit. I couldn't believe my mom was living with white folks no offense.

"Sarabi this is Franklin Moretii and Linda Moretii." she said while I was still silent.

"Did you say Moretii?" I said.

"Yes you might know our son." said Linda. Then I hear foot steps coming down the stairs. There stood the one and only Joey Moretii.

"Speaking of the devil... Sarabi this is Joey." she said while he stood and stared at me.

"I know who he is." I said while walking right back out of the house. There was know way I was going to stay with that asshole.

"Wait Sarabi! Were are you going?" my mom yelled for me but I kept walking till I got to my truck. My mom had caught up to me.

"What is the problem hun?" she said touching my shoulder. I slid it of gently. I forgave her for leaving but I wasn't ready for her to touch me yet. I but I answered her question.

"Remember how i told you I wasn't full of joy as I use to be."

"Yea"

"Well that boy in is also one of the main reason why I don't smile at all.So you can forget me smiling. I am not going to stay with someone that hurts me under stand." I said walking to my truck I wasn't going to go home but I needed to have some alone time.

"Sarabi you can't just go back home with your father. I can't lose you.Please don't leave ok. Here is a key." she handed me a key to the house."Please don't leave." she said looking me in my eyes. I didn't want lose her but I needed time to clear my head. I felt eyes staring from the house the Moretiis were looking at us.

"I'm going for a drive." I got in my truck and turn it on. "I'm coming back don't worry ok?" My mom nodded and I drove off going were ever my hands drove I just had to clear my head. I drove on the high way for a while just to clear my head.

Joey Moretii P.O.V

When I got home I was welcomed from my parents and Mrs.Victoria. Mrs. Victoria moved in with us she is a family friend she is really nice. She did have a husband and do have a child but she left because her husband cheated on her and abused her. Who would do something like that.

"Son, Mrs.Victoria Is going to go pick up her daughter today and she will be living with us." said my father as he and mom were cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh, Really that's great Mrs.Victoria!" I said hugging her. I can't wait to meet her.

"Thank you Joey! I going now I will be back by dinner." she said while walking out the door. When she left I went up stairs to relax and started texting Jay.

Jay: How is your face man?

Me: Feels sore but I'm fine.

Jay: She did punch you pretty hard dude. Lol

Me: hahaha well at least I didn't get body slammed!

Jay: 😑😑😑 she fights like a man for real.

Me: She can take a punch like a man to she don't cry like a bitch when she get hit she just act like it didn't hurt.

Jay: Idk how she does it honestly.

Me: The world may never know.

I got side track when I heard the door open down stairs. I heard Mrs. Victoria voice so that means she has a her daughter with her. When I walked down to see someone not new Sarabi Scott.

"Speaking of the devil... Sarabi this is Joey." I heard my mother say. I couldn't say anything.

"I know who he is." She said walking out the house. Not in a angry way but you can tell she was. Her mother yelled for her. She ran after her.

"I wonder what was that about." said my father. My parents and I looked out the door way to see Victoria and Sarabi taking. Then Sarabi got in her truck and drove out the drive way burning rubber. Her mom came in the house mad but she was clam not yelling or screaming just sat there on the couch.

"Victoria are you ok?" my mother sat by her and rubbed her back. Dad came in with a concern look on his face.

"Well the reason why my daughter doesn't smile is because of people that make her like miserable. Her father made her miserable because they fight all the time. And it just so happens that Joey the little boy that is like a son to me hurts her. He is one of the people that hurt her. That's why she left I just don't want her to lose her again. She had been through so much." she said breathing out and leaned back.

"Joey what have you done?" my father said he was looking in my eyes he could always tell when I was lying he would put his hand on my heart. When I would lie my heart would speed up. When I told the truth it would stay the same.

"Well...I...Um..." It was hard to put my words out my mouth.

"Well I um what?" my mom giving me a angry glare.

"I bullied her for sometime. There was one time when I pushed her down the school steps she had some bruises. For weeks. She never bother me though and never reacted to me until today." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"What do you mean today?" my mom said standing up.

"Well I went to the gym with Jay and Paul like usual but at a new time.Like at 6. She was there with her friends and she was boxing. We called her names."

"Names! You were calling her names! What did you call her?" My father yelled.

"I called her a FA and a B." I could cuss in front of my parents it's weird.

"Oh Joey.."my mother sighed.

"That's not all her friend came from the ring and confronted us about it. He was angry then Sarabi came from the ring to him to help the other friend up. The conversation got heated to were I pushed her and she punched me in my face I fell back and Jay tackled her. She is really strong she got up and body slammed Jay. We fought for a while. Then when we were finish she left for the showers." I said finishing. There was a silence.

"You hit my daughter?" Mrs.Victoria said with a stern voice.

"Yes mam I did I feel bad for what I have done." I did feel bad if I only knew her past.

"Joey you are going to apologize to her. You are going to make this right tonight. You hear me?" Mom said coming to me.

"Yes mam." we all sat in the kitchen and waited for her too get home. Was 10:00 when she came in the house she was out for 2 hours. She sat in the kitchen didn't say a word but you could feel the tension it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I went in the kitchen and sat in front of her. She just sat there and I looked at her face and saw a bruise by her eye. But all she could do was look at me and we sat there looking at one another. Feeling the tension.