The Words She Kept

Sarabi P.O.V

I went back to the gym I didn't even change clothes. still had my gloves in the truck I got out with my head phones on and I just went in and punch the punching bag for hours. I had on my sweats so it wasn't like I look like a girly girl which I'm not. I punched it for hours. I had one bruise on my face from fighting today I just needed to punch something that didn't have feelings. I keep punching till I felt a tap on my shoulder when I turned around a push to my face. I looked up to see Paul Jones one Moretii's best friends.

"Jones you really don't want to tick me off right now." I said turning pulling my gloves off I use my bare hands this time.

"Oh but I really do. I want pay back." he said slapping me in my face. There was blood. I turned my head slowly like a crazy person and licked the blood off
And smirked.

"Oh you done fucked up now..."I said punching him in his "OH-NO" zone. He fell back in pain. I laughed I think I loss every feeling I have for humanity. These people are day and I am night. When he got back up he was as ready as a stop sign pissed all the way off.

"You bitch!" he said while punching me in my face. You talk about me being crazy I just turned my head whipped of blood and punched him Continuously in his face. Then kicked him in is side. I was done with feelings. I have develop the IDGAFF factor. It means I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK factor cause no one gives a damn about me. Thats when I let up on Paul.

"If I can handle 3 people then what makes you think I can't handle you." I spat and I left him on the floor and I drove back to the Moretii's I got home at 10:00 I walked in to see everyone quietly sitting in the living room. There was so much tension in the room and I felt it. I sat in the kitchen. I sat in there and didn't say a damn thing. Then Joey Moretii comes in sits in front of me. And stares me in my face. I looked at him back he didn't say anything. Mom must have told him what I said. If Moretii just came to give me a sorry ass excuse of a apology then I don't want it.

"Sarabi I need to talk to you" he said looking at me. His body language looked like he had done something terrible.

"What is it Moretti? I'm tired and I don't want anymore fighting today." I said still looking in his deep green-blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

"I want to apologize-"he said but I cut him short

"Ima stop you right there because people say sorry all the time to me and end up do the same thing to me." I said starting to stand up I didn't want to here it.

"Please just sit down please." he said grabbing my arm.

"Remember that mistake Moretii" he let go then I though about listening I looked to my mom and she nodded and I sat down.

"I apologize for all the years of hurt I caused you. Then I feel bad for the bruises I left when I pushed you down the steps and when we fought at the gym. The only reason I bullied you was because you were the only one that wasn't throwing yourself at me and showing me any attention. I only wanted your attention." he said I looked at his face expression. He looked sorry but it's all in the eyes. In his eyes he was sorry.

"I accept your apology. Next time you want to call one of your boys to jump me at the gym think twice eh?" I said getting out of the chair.

"Wait what do you mean my boy? Who jump you?" he said standing up looking with a concern face.

"Like you care it was Jones by the way. You people want to test me today don't y'all? I tired I'm going up stairs."I said grabbing my bags.

"Let me show you to your room." said Mr. Moretii. He showed me to my room it was big. I had a piano in it. My room was pale-green and black and white. I liked it. Not to bright and not to dark just right. And I had my own bathroom.

"Thank you Mr.Moretii, for everything and taking my mother in and helping her." I said setting my stuff on the bed.

"No problem she is a child hood friend who always stood by my side. She help me find my wife. She has been a good friend to me. It's the least I could do." He said smiling ear to ear."are you coming to dinner?"

"I guess let me take a shower and get out of my sweats. I have already been in 3 fights today." I said put some clothes in the closet.

"3 fights!" he said looking terrified.

"I tell you about it at dinner." I said

"See ya at dinner!" he said and left.

I got a tank top shirt, gym shorts, and some underwear and walk to the bathroom and the bathroom was huge. I got in the shower and stood under the shower head and let the hot water fall on my sore body and scars. I thought about my life and my future. Why I had to be this way. God must have a reason because I'm falling through crakes but my actions don't show. It didn't matter whether people has feelings or not if you did something bad to me or others there was no coming of the good side. But I'll give Joey Moretii a chance.

When I got out the shower I put my dirty clothes in the laundry bag I always carry. I sat on the bed lotion up and looked at my T.V for a few minutes. Then I finally went down stairs to see everyone at the kitchen table they got quiet when they saw me and my face and bruises.

"Oh Sarabi..." my mom sighed and came to look at me fully.

"What happen to you are you ok?" said Mrs. Linda. Looking at my eyes. I pushed them away gently.

"I'm fine let's eat."I said sitting down at the end of the table. Joey sat at the other end I sat facing him and our parents sat on the sides. We had chicken Alfredo which was one of my favorite meals. It was a uncomfortable silence until Mr.Moretii broke the silence.

"So Sarabi have you took your ACT test yet?" he said setting food on his plate.

"Yes I have took both test." I said still looking at Joey and Joey staring at me.

"What was your scores." he said looking at me and I turned my head to face him.

"The first one 27 and the second one 31." I said putting my hands together.

"27! 31! My baby is smart!" my mom yelled and hugged me.

"Whatever helps me get to collage. I have been getting offers. I don't let anyone get in my way to success." I said putting food on my plate.

"We can see that. Now you told me up stairs that you have gotten into 3 fights. How did that happen?" Mr. Moretii asked.

"Well the first one was at the gym with Moretii and his friends. Then to come home to find my father hit my mother I broke his arm he is at he hospital. Then when I left earlier I went back to the gym to calm myself down and I punched the punching bag for sometime. Then one of Moretii friends Paul Jones showed up for pay back but I end up beating him there and I left him on the floor. I never fought so much in one day. I guess people want to test me today." I said putting some food in my mouth. Everyone was silent looking at me amazed to find me not hurt emotionally but I was hurt physically.

"Sarabi how long have you been fighting?" said Mrs. Linda.

"Ever since my mother left." I said my mom had tears rolling down her cheek. "I knew she regretted leaving but I'm glad she was ok because she said she would come back and she did. She kept her word." I grab her hand and she smiled and we continued dinner.