The Poems

Sarabi P.O.V

The day is here when we have to write poems and read them out to the class. I have wrote 15 so far. I only write when things happen in my life and a lot of things have happen. I moved out from my dad. I went to prom and won prom queen. I gain friends. I rarely even mad anymore I'm just happy. I living with my mom again. My bruises have healed. I am just happy.

I pulled out my poem book and read through it. I didn't know if I wanted to ready The Difference or One Woman Army. These two have very powerful words but if I combined them it becomes the best poem I have ever read. It will get me the prize which is $50. That is some good pocket money. Next weeks is exams then off to graduation. More than anything hope everyone has a good life and move on from high school. Hopefully no one holds an attitude with anyone I hope everyone moves on.

When I got to class everyone seemed happy. I know I was but when I walked in I felt the tension between Joey and Paul. They might not be talking or are close to each other but you can just feel it. Both they're eyes were looking at me be I made eye contact with Sam it was a good escape route. I sat by Sam and we read each others poems.Hers was:

The Waiting

I wait for the day that I won't have to cry anymore. To be able to make others happy. Some days are happy and some days are sad but i'm not mad I'm just living. Living for the kids who didn't make it to see this year. They are all up in heaven without any fears. So I am waiting on the day to were I can join them. I can't be mad all the time. I am waiting for my day to come to join those kids. And hoping everyone forgives me for what I did. I mean no harm and I mean so pain. But I am waiting for the day for me to go to rest and go up heaven stream. I am waiting for me to live my dreams.

Hers was amazing it was just beautiful I never knew she could write like this. I wish I could hear what she was thinking or feeling. I know she is a great person she will get what she wants. I hope she wins the $50.

When Mr. Lewis walked everyone go quite. This was finally the end of the year every one was tired and so was I. Everyone has had an exciting year. I felt more relived of problems. I just hope never to see my father agian. I don't need anyone to ruin my mood because only I can control them.

"Ok Students. Today is the day that you will read your poems. This is a huge grade for you in this class I hope all my work and teaching helped you. I hope your words that you used in your poems you got from your heart so let the games begen and who will get the $50?" he said pulling out his clip board and a box.

"In this box you will vote on who you think was the best based on the crowds top 5. Out of the Top 5 you will have your 3 winners. 1 place gets $50. 2 place gets a dinner for two at Olive Garden. 3. Gets two passes to skip there exam in any class they choose." I really hope I get 1st place now. When the first person read there poem It was about food. I know food is good but don't worship it. I zoned out the rest of the time until it got to Joey. Joey looked nervous. He took a breath before reading then glanced at me. I smiled just to give him confidnece. Then he started to read.

"This is called Dream of Her...

Dream Of Her

The girl that I dream about she doesn't dance but sings. Her words are powerful and she says what she means. She fights for others but not for herself. I will fight for her but she doesn't let me. She has brusies that she doesn't show. But when she smiles she always glows. I think of her every day every night. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. She is everything. I dream of her because she makes me happy she has always have. Even though I hurt her she forgives me that is what makes me dream of her. She is a fighter and she protects her own. She puts anyone elses life before her own. That is why I dream of her.

My name is Joey Moretii and that was my first Poem." when he finished everyone clapped. He looked at me and smiled and winked. I clapped and smile he spoke from his heart.

" Joey can you tell us who that girl is?" Asked Mr.Lewis.

"Yes sir" he walked over to me and grabbed my hand. " Its Sarabi Scott she always have been brave for me and others thats why I love her."

"Oh give me a break. No ones wants her she can't even have kids because they might suffocate in that stomach of hers." said Melissa.

"Melissa I'm writing you up go to the principle office." She stomped and started to make her way out the room. But all she doing was talking yack. That is why they have to YikYak app for all that for people who are scared to say things to people face.

"No she needs to know something." I got up and made my way over to her. Once I got there I could see the envy in her eyes."I don't know what and why you have this little act towards me but as you can see I'm not hurt by words. It's all physical so you got a problem with me you tell me don't got whispering like a mouse. Karma always come around. So if I see you later on in life which I hope you have a good one no harm goes against you nun than I will help you even though your acting like a witch to me. So get over all the problem against me because I haven't done anything bad to you so shut it down." I said turning around going back to my seat. Joey sat in the seat behind me. And we watched the rest of the poems. When it came to Paul I zoned back in. His was talking about sports that was it. I zoned out on his. Joeys was nice but that means his was going against mine. It came to me I got up and read my poem.

For All

People wake up to birds singing. But I wake up to yelling. Ready to build that wall that I always set myself in. You can run in grass and twirl around. But I'm here on the battlefield standing my ground. For people it's day but for me it's always night. Me with my head low walking in the rain. While you people let the sun shine on your face. I may be quite but I'm loud inside. Full of anger and stick with my pride. I may be cool as ice but really I'm on fire inside. I but I still don't show my feelings because you may never know what happens. I'm a big girl in a big world but we live in a skinny society. Morning birds sing wedding bells ring but I will always be alone. Trying to keep my composer and trying to stay calm.Society killed the teenager and it's trying to kill me. But I have to stay strong for it not to see me weak. I am not going to fall off of words.People calling me names thinking I'll be disturb but I have seen worse. I am a one woman army I stand alone protecting one body one mind my own. I may bleed sometimes but I will always heal. I will not let Society kill. I am fighting for me at my own will. It has an army to I am out numbered but that doesn't mean I will surrender I stand tall. I will just keep fighting on. I am me and fighting for all.'

After I got through ready I saw people crying and Everyone clapped. I got hugs from everyone and Joey gave me a kiss one the forehead. Everyone cheered. I felt wanted for the first time. It felt nice to have my classmates cheer for me. But I could wait to here the prizes and who won.

A/N what did you think about Joey's Poem and Sarabi's it's almost to the end. Thank you for reading.

KDF_28 😘❤️