After Prom

Joey P.O.V

Sarabi looked beautiful tonight. Even though I saw her in the dress the first time when I saw her it was even more amazing. I don't regret kissing her to night because I felt sparks. When they called her for prom queen and the light hit her it was like the pathway open up for her to come to me. She even smiled that made my heart melt. When we dance her hands fitted in mine perfectly the whole night. I just wish that Paul wouldn't have butted in. Heather was being mean because she wasn't prom queen so did Melissa. When I saw her leave early it broke my heart. She was worth fighting for but she didn't believe that.

"Can't believe that bitch won prom queen. She is not that pretty nor that popular." Heather said putting on make up. I pulled up at Heather's house. "You want to go upstairs 'chill' for a while"

"No I'm going home I'm sleepy." with that as soon as she got her full body out the truck and close the door I speed off. I looked back in my mirror she was stomping her feet like a baby. I chuckled. I drove home in silence thinking about her. I didn't even get the last dance for her. But I least she was my queen. When I got home I saw her truck in the drive way. I sighed because she looked badass getting in the truck while wearing a dress. I got in the house my parents and Mrs.Victoria were sitting on the couch holding Sarabi's crown.

"Hello son, I see you won prom king." said my father giving me a hand shake.

"Yes sir, I did. Sarabi won prom queen. I was in luck to dance with her. She looked beautiful tonight." I said taking off the crown and giving it to my mom.

"Look at this both of our kids being King and Queen. But why did she leave so early?" asked Mrs.Victoria.

"She said she was tired but she appreciated having a chance to come. She was very humble." I didn't want to tell her all that happen. With Paul and Me. I went up stairs and changed clothes. I went to go see if Sarabi was awake but she wasn't she was sleep. I walked in and bent down by her bed. I looked at her face she looked so peaceful. I kissed the top of her forehead and went to get some covers and some pillows I laid on her floor. I wanted to sleep in her room because I felt comfortable in there. I fell asleep and dreamed about her all night.

Sarabi P.O.V

I woke up the next morning feeling different from yesterday. It was Saturday that means cartoons are on. I got up and went to the bathroom and decided to make some noodles and have a Gatorade for breakfast since everyone was gone but Joey and I. I went I got the remote then I notice Joey sleeping on the floor. When did he even come in last night? I must of slept pretty hard. But I let him stay sleep I just warm up stuff and sat at my bed a watched cartoons.

Power Puff Girls was on. Buttercup my girl though she tough. I liked her because she didn't really let anyone boss her around. I heard shuffling on the floor. It was Joey waking up. When he stood up he had on a white beater shirt on and basketball shorts. His hair was mess. I just kept looking at the screen though.

"Good-Morning Sarabi...How are you this morning?" he asked sitting on my bed.

"Oh just existing and breathing just the usual." I said taking a sip of Gatorade.

"Look about last night-"

"Its fine Joey I had fun. It was my first and last prom. It doesn't matter what happen to me as long as your happy." I said looking in his direction. He looked worried I know he feels bad about last night but it wasn't his fault.

"Sarabi how are you so strong for yourself and others?"

"It come naturally. I never want my love ones to get hurt." he stared at me for a while trying to read me. Then he crawled up beside me and sat by me and put his head on my shoulder.

"Can I have some noodles and Gatorade?" he sounded like a little kid.

"Yea Joey..." I sighed.

"Yay" he really was acting like a kid. After he got his food we sat and watched cartoon all morning. I think this has been on of the most peaceful mornings I have ever had in my entire life. I never knew that I would become so peaceful like this. It makes me happy. I smiled.

"What are you smiling for?" Joey asked turning my head to look in his eyes.

"Nothing just happy" I said getting up and throwing my stuff away.

"Well I'm glad you finally happy my queen." he said bowing.

"Oh stop... I am not a queen. I am just a girl." I said.

"Well your my queen. and always will be." he said hugging me and kissing me on top of my forehead. Cupid is something else. Is this what love feels like? If does then it feels weird. For the rest of the day me and Joey hanged out just talking. We talked about our crowns and the ballet and ect. He was being a complete gentleman but I don't know about him yet I still think he is trying to play me. I don't know.

"Sarabi I am sorry that I bullied you. I don't know why I would bully you in the first place. Your beautiful and everything to me. Your special to me." We sat on the couch down stairs he put his arm around me. Pulling me in for a hug I hugged back just to get a feel of hugging. It felt like he was crushing me but he let go. I felt good because it was like I gain a new friend by living with him. Who knew I would end up like this.

Joey P.O.V

I think she is finally opening up to me. I hope she doesn't choose Paul to be her boyfriend. He has hurt every girl in school and I don't want that happening to her. I want to protect her keep her close. The last three weeks are here and we have to read our poems out loud to the class. I want to right a poem that exactly tells how I feel about Sarabi Scott. I was going to make her mine.

A/N: Hope you all are enjoying the book! Paul or Joey? Do you think Sarabi is over thinking it? How do you thing Joey's poem is going to turn out? Thank you for reading my book! This book is ending at graduation then it goes into they're adult hood so get ready!

KDF_28 😘❤️