Chapter 8: Mexican thugs and blonde waitresses - can someone say fun?

©sprinklemycupcake

Chapter 8: Mexican thugs and blonde waitresses – can someone say fun?

It was 3am and the party was still in full swing. I couldn’t find Archie anywhere and my feet were killing me – not that I was wearing heels but still they were hurting me like a bitch. After my little incident with Archie I decided take a few more shots and try to forget the bastard but it’s not working because I can still feel the lingering touch of his lips against mine. Maybe I just need to find someone else to make out with and get it out of my system.

Sighing, I downed one last shot and winced at the taste. “Shit, that was horrible.” I muttered to myself.  I wanted to go home but I couldn’t find the idiot who was supposed to be driving me home and River was still serving people alcohol so I couldn’t ask him, well it looks like I’m going to be walking home yay! It’ll take me about an hour or so to walk there.

I got up from where I was sitting and stumbled a bit and my vision was a little blurry. I groaned holding my head, great I’m going to walk home hammered and probably get raped in a dumpster by some Mexican thug. I grabbed my jacket from the stool, put it on and walked out the front door. I made my way down the stairs and started my walk home.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, I noticed the area I was walking in was pretty secluded. There were no cars driving by or people walking past. I snorted at that, oh yeah Adrian people are really going to be walking their dogs at 3 in the morning, genius. The only thing I could hear was the faint sound of the wind rustling the leaves in the trees. I heard a branch snap but I shrugged it off thinking it was nothing. As I kept walking, I heard another branch snap and another and then I heard heavy breathing. Okay, now I was getting pretty freaked out. Fùck, what if it’s a Mexican thug? Oh man I was only kidding before but what if karma is coming to bite me in the fùcking ass for everything I’ve done. Great, I knew I shouldn’t have stolen money from the church money basket last Sunday.

Quickening my pace, I started to speed walk home, willing myself not to look back because that always happens in scary movies just before the scared little bìtch dies – in this case I am the scared little bìtch who isn’t going to look back and let my guard down for a second because when I realize there’s nothing behind me I’ll turn back around and the psychopath will be right in front of me all like ‘surprise bìtch’.

And that will be the sad story of how Adrianna Winters died.

Okay maybe I over exaggerated a bit. Actually, no, I didn’t because I’m pretty sure I’m about to die right now. The footsteps were getting louder and I could hear them breathing heavier. My heart started thumping in my chest and I could feel the fear radiating through me. I couldn’t take it anymore, I turned around while running and got a glimpse at the thug who was running after me. The thug looked like a male, he was wearing a black pants and black hoodie which was covering his face, so I couldn’t make out who it was. He was running behind me, so I did the only thing any normal girl would do – I screamed my lungs out and sprinted.

“Leave me along you stupid thug! I have no money you piece of shìt!” I screamed at him. He didn’t reply he just kept running after me.

I was really starting to panic now because there was still another 20 minutes till I got to my house and I’m about as fit as a fùcking sloth. I could feel my hair whipping my face because of the pace I was going and my legs were burning. I think this is the most exercise I’ve done in years, my parents would be proud.

All of a sudden I ran into a brick wall and I fell flat on my ass. Great timing to be a fùcking twat Adrian. It’s not like you have a crazy blood thirsty person chasing you.