06

Farren looked up at the sound of footsteps entering the den, where he was sat with Jesse playing video games.

Luke entered the room, followed by Kaden. Jesse paused the game, and Farren took a moment to take in the two boys that had just entered. Man did Kaden look good in navy.

Wait what?

What the fuck was that, Farren thought to himself. 'Kaden looked good in navy' he mimicked himself mentally. What was he even thinking. He shook them thoughts out of his head, he must just be tired. That was surely the only possible explanation.

The boys exchanged hellos with each other and Farren got up from his armchair. He called it his armchair because for as long as he could remember, he had always sat there when he was with Jesse. It was just known as 'Farren's chair,' even when the other guys were over.

"Hey, Luke isn't it?" He asked, deciding to introduce himself to Jesse's roommate and Kaden's long time best friend. Well maybe not best friend, it seemed as if Kaden wasn't the type to bother with that. But whatever, they were close anyway.

Farren could see that Kaden and Jesse were also greeting each other, and so far everything seemed to be going good.

Luke smiled back. "Yeah that's me, and of course your Farren. Kaden doesn't stop gushing on about you the whole time," he smirked, catching Kaden's attention.

Kaden punched Luke on the shoulder. "I'd say I definitely do that Luke." He retorted sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Farren just smirked at Kaden. "What's wrong Kadey, embarrassed are we?" He winked.

"Embarrassed that I'm friends with a prick like Luke, yes I am." Retorted Kaden without so much as a blink.

Luke feigned a look of hurt before walking over to where Jesse sat on the couch and plonking himself down next to him, and Farren made his way over to the shelf.

"Jess I'm sick of playing video games can we just watch a movie?" He asked, earning an agreement from Kaden and Jesse and a whiny noise of disapproval from Luke.

"Too bad Luke, three against one," smirked Farren without turning around. He scanned the shelf of DVDs, his eyes scamming over the movies.

"What about The Blind Side?" He asked over his shoulder.

"Dude we've seen that like two hundred times." Complained Jesse.

Farren just huffed in annoyance before continuing to scan the movies.

"Miss Congeniality?" He asked hopefully. Though he could guess what they were going to say. Still, it was worth a shot.

"Dude, seriously? I didn't know they let girls on your football team." This time it was Luke who spoke, and Farren could almost hear him roll his eyes.

Scanning the shelf for another moment, his eyes finally settled on the perfect movie. "I know, what about Speed?" He asked excitedly, turning around.

He stopped short, almost dropping the DVD out of his hand when his eyes landed on Kaden, who was sitting on an armchair.

Not just any armchair though. It was Farren's armchair. He fixed Kaden with a death glare, who just looked up at him with confusion.
Jesse looked up from his phone and saw what was going on. He guffawed, realising what was happening. Jesse knew more than anyone that that armchair was reserved for him, and him alone.