18

Farren got into his car, turning the key and starting up the engine.

It was Wednesday and yet again Kaden had asked him for a lift home from practice. He was starting to wish Kaden hadn't gotten his driver's license suspended. It would make his Wednesday afternoons easier without having to get up out of his comfortable bed just to collect the incompetent fool who couldn't drive slow.

God, to think it was the third Wednesday with Kaden already. He only had a couple of days left in his own home until he would be moving to Kaden's for the next three weeks.

He wondered what that would be like, living in that empty mansion with practically no parental supervision. They would be alone to do whatever they wanted.

Oh god, that came out dirtier than intended. Farren blushed, cursing his dirty mind and telling himself to get his head out of the damn gutter. It was all this time around Kaden that had filled his mind with innuendos and sexual references.

A few minutes later he pulled up at the football field, strumming his fingers on the steering wheel as he waited for Kaden to appear.

He checked his phone, scrolling through his Facebook page and liking a few posts here and there.

A few minutes passed before he chose to look up again, but once he did he wished he hadn't.

He felt his heart tighten at the sight before him.

Kaden stood leaning against the wall, talking to some stupid brunette girl. He was flirting with her, Farren could tell as much from the way she was giggling.

She traced her stupid finger up Kaden's arm, maddening Farren even more. Who did this bitch think she was?

But before he could react, he stopped himself. What right did he have to be angry? He felt sadness take over him instead, disappointment pooling in the pit of his stomach. Goddamn these stupid feelings.

He didn't think his poor heart could get any sadder after his conversation with Kaden the other night, but obviously he was wrong.

Farren looked at the girl with jealousy. How he longed to be in her position, openly flirting with Kaden.

Why couldn't he have just be born some hot chick. It certainly would have made this whole Kaden thing a lot easier.

Right on cue, Kaden's face snapped up and he met Farren's gaze from across the parking lot.

Farren saw him whisper to the girl, before pulling out his phone and handing it to her, presumably for her to type in her number.

Farren felt his grip on the steering wheel tighten, but he forced himself to adopt a calm composure.

He saw Kaden say goodbye to the girl and start making his way over toward the car.

Farren made his expression neutral, trying to seem as calm as he could. The last thing he needed was from Kaden to call him out on his strange behaviour.

"Hey." He said simply, not trusting himself to say anymore as Kaden sat into the car. He forced his voice to remain calm, though on the inside he felt anything but.

Kaden looked at him for a moment before replying, "hey."

The car stayed silent for a few minutes and Farren was praying that there would be no traffic on the way home. The quicker this journey ended, the better.

"So who was that girl?" Farren blurted out, before he could even realise what he was saying. Damn his stupid fucking mouth for having a mind of it's own.