09

Farren made his way upstairs, trying to push back to shy smile that kept making it's way on to his face.

He didn't know what that little moment was minutes ago with Kaden and now was not the time to figure it out. He reached his room and dug through his mess of a closet, trying to find his swimming trunks.

Eventually he came across a bundle of them, all scrunched together. He decided on the salmon coloured pair for himself, before settling on a navy pair for Kaden.

He even ignored the fact that only a day or two before at Jesse's house, he had noticed that navy looked good on Kaden.

He slipped out of his clothes and into the swimming trunks, throwing on a shirt moments before he heard Kaden make his way upstairs. He opened the door when Kaden knocked, finding the other boy waiting with a boredom filled expression.

He handed Kaden the navy shorts and told him that he would be waiting for him outside at the pool, before making his way downstairs and grabbing the cookie dough ice-cream and cool ranch Doritos from the kitchen and heading out back.

It was around seven o'clock and so was still moderately bright. It was warm as well, so the pool would hopefully be okay too.

He set the Doritos and ice-cream down next to the pool, before slipping off his shirt and flip flops and making his way carefully into the water.

He walked slowly down the steps, trying to get used to the cool water which contrasted greatly with the warm air. He was only knee deep when he heard the back door opening, and almost immediately after there was a Kaden shaped object flying through the air and straight into the water.

Farren barely had time to register what had happened before Kaden was resurfacing. He noticed how Kaden used his hands to push his now wet hair out of his face. Damn that was attractive.

Kaden just smirked at Farren who was only halfway down the steps. "What are you doing?" He snorted.

"I'm getting into the pool. What does it look like I'm doing?" Farren replied with annoyance in his tone and a roll of his eyes.

"Well you look like an old man getting into the pool before water yoga at the care home," Kaden insulted him.

"Whatever Michael Phelps. It's cold okay, I can't help it."

"Well maybe I can."

Farren barely had time to realise what Kaden meant before the other boy bounded over to him, grabbed him by the shoulders, and pulled him into the cold water.

That son of a bitch.

Farren resurfaced, spluttering for air mainly as an effect of surprise. "Kaden you prick," he exclaimed loudly, "your such a fucking dick."

"Only for you," winked Kaden in reply.

Now that he was used to the water it wasn't that bad. He swam over to the side of the pool, prising open the top of the Ben and Jerry's cookie dough and grabbed one of the spoons he brought out.

He looked around the garden. The sun was only starting to set, so the house cast a shadow on the lawn. The light from the sun hit the pool, leaving a trail of shimmer in it's path.

He felt Kaden come up behind him and his muscles involuntarily tensed. He hoped Kaden hadn't noticed, and if he did he didn't say anything of it.

"Cookie dough, my favourite," Kaden said excitedly, and Farren turned around to face him.

Kaden looked so fucking good, his shoulders and the top of his chest glistening wet, and his unruly hair slicked back from his face, and Farren felt his pulse quicken.