28

Farren walked in the door of Kaden's house, closing the door behind him.

"Rowan took that really well." He stated, taking off his jacket as he spoke.

Kaden mimicked his actions, looking over at him with a slight smile tugging at his lips. "Apart from the fact she wants us to get married within the next week, it went really good."

"True." Farren said, the corners of his mouth quirking into a small smirk.

They made their way into the sitting room, flopping on to the couch. They were a tangle of limbs, with Kaden laying his head on top of Farren's chest.

"So tell me," Farren began, running his hand through Kaden's brilliant blond hair. "What's happening with your parents?"

"They're moving back here. But not until the week after next, I want it to just be us until the game." Kaden replied, nuzzling his hair into Farren's hand.

"Oh god the game, I completely forgot about that." Farren said with surprise, letting out a small laugh.

"Had bigger things on your mind?" Kaden asked, and Farren could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Mhmm." Farren confirmed with a cheeky smile.

Kaden moved his head up and repositioned himself until he was lying on top of Farren completely, their noses almost touching.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" He said seductively, and Farren gulped.

"Getting myself a hot boyfriend." He whispered back, their lips centimetres apart.

"Really?" Kaden challenged, eyes flicking down to Farren's lips. "What's his name?"

Farren licked his lips before bringing them up to Kaden's ear. He brought his face as close to Kaden's as possible without actually touching, before breathing out a reply.

"Luke."

He pulled back, laughing at Kaden's unamused expression. "Really? You had to kill the mood like that?"

Farren just laughed more, holding up his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, it's not my fault he's got some serious good looks." He joked, and Kaden gave him a glare.

Before he could process what was happening, Kaden curled his fingers around his hair and slammed their lips together in a open mouthed kiss. Kaden attacked Farren's mouth with his own, rendering Farren speechless and in shock by the time he pulled away.

"Luke who?" He whispered with a wink, hopping off Farren and leaving him high and dry.

Farren tried to calm his pulse for a moment, before burying his hands in his face. The effect Kaden had on him was beyond surreal.

***

"What about that place?" Kaden said, pointing at a quaint Italian restaurant on the Main Street.

Farren looked at the restaurant wearily. If people saw them together in there they may get the wrong idea. Or, the right idea in this case.

"I don't know Kaden. It's a bit..." Farren trailed off awkwardly, looking for the right words to say.

"It's okay. I get it." Kaden said with a small sigh, and Farren could hear the annoyance laced in his words.