Prologue

This is just a background kind of chapter to give some information on the story. The rest of the book won't be written in this style. Hope y'all enjoy xD

-----

"It all started with a prank."

Famous last words right? And in the town of Sinclair, those six words could be very well applied.

It was an average sized town, not too big and not too small. It wasn't great and flashy, but it was home. At least it was to Farren Milton and Kaden Rivers.

The boys both lived in Sinclair, but because of school district lines, attended different high schools.

Both schools, Jefferson High in North Sinclair and Redwood High in South Sinclair, had one main love, one focus, one pride and joy.

Football.

Both teams could be found among the rankings for the top five teams in the state, perhaps due to the money the town poured into the sport, and both schools were absolute rivals, each other's number one competition.

And Farren Milton and Kaden Rivers were no exception to this rivalry, both being the star quarterbacks of their own respective schools.

A combination of this rivalry, male egos and the close proximity started a prank war between the two schools which spanned decades and deepened the fued to the point that the teams now hate each other with passion.

But this past weekend, things were taken too far. The petty pranks that started the war all those years ago morphed into more serious spectacles. And this weekend, crime. Vandalism to be exact. On behalf of both the teams.

So that day Farren Milton made his usual journey to his school, Jefferson High, deciding instead to walk today to clear his head.

But this day something was different. Because Kaden Rivers, too, was making his way to Farren Milton's school. For an impromptu meeting called by the head coaches of both the boys football teams.

It was decided that the meeting would be held to discuss the future of the two teams.

And as both the boys arrived at Farren's school that day, barely sparing each other a glance as they made eye contact from across the parking lot, little did they know that today wasn't just any old day.

It was the beginning of something.

Something real.

Something raw.

Something rare.