19

Friday night. Which, for Farren, meant his last night in his own bed for the next three weeks.

There was a party on tonight, of course. But he wasn't in the mood to go. If he wasn't going to see his precious bed for the next three weeks he was going to spend all the time he had with it while he still could.

It may sound overly dramatic, especially coming from an insomniac, but he really just did love his bed.

And another downside was that this would be his last night spent sharing a bed with Kaden. Though, maybe that was for the best. Every night it was becoming increasingly difficult not to just grab Kaden by the face and kiss him. And sharing a bed with him and being able to stare at him for hours didn't make those urges any easier.

Not that he stared at Kaden for hours or anything.

He flopped down on his bed as soon as he arrived home from school, kicking off his shoes as he did. He stripped down to his boxers before crawling into the covers. Grace and Jenny wouldn't disturb him, and Rowan was usually at a friend's house on Fridays.

Which only left-

"Milton, not out partying I see." Kaden said in a loud voice, bursting into the room.

"Evidently." Farren scowled back annoyed, yet at the same time kind of excited, that Kaden would presumably be spending the night in.

"So, I'll order the pizza and you pick the movie?" Kaden asked, probably used to their arrangements by now.

"Sure." Farren replied simply, knowing that their was no point in arguing with Kaden.

"Great." Kaden beamed as he left the room, in an unusually good mood tonight. This was a nice change from his usually grumpy exterior.

Farren flicked through the movies, eventually deciding on 'The Proposal.' What, it was a romcom kinda night! Not that Kaden would care anyway, his favourite movie was 'The Notebook,' for crying out loud.

Speaking of Kaden, not a moment later he came bounding back into the room. "I got you ham and pineapple," he said.

"Thanks," Farren replied, trying not to focus his attention on Kaden as the other boy began to undress before him. Or on the fact that Kaden knew his pizza order.

"Why aren't you going to the party?" He asked, trying to keep his voice level as Kaden slipped into the bed next to him.

Kaden sat on his own side, but at Farren's end so the two were shoulder to shoulder.

"I'm just not." Kaden said with a smile. God, this dude was very happy not to be partying.

"Okay," Farren shrugged, turning his attention back to the television screen and hitting the 'play' button.

***

"That was good." Kaden said, still smiling at the movie as the credits rolled.

"Yeah." Farren agreed with a small laugh.

Kaden sighed contentedly, pushing himself down until his was nearly lying flat one the bed, just the top of his shoulder and head resting against the headboard.

Farren looked down at him, shrugging to himself before mirroring Kaden's position.

Kaden turned to face him, and it was then that Farren noticed that he had small bit of tomato sauce on his cheek.