23

Farren kept walking, even when he heard the sound of footsteps hitting the dry pavement as someone ran after him.

And he really hoped that someone wasn't Kaden and he really hoped it was. And he was too afraid to look incase it was Kaden and he was too afraid to look incase it wasn't.

He focused all his attention on the pavement beneath his feet, not knowing where he was going but knowing that he needed to be as far from that party as possible.

"Farren." The person called, and it was then he knew it was in fact Kaden.

He felt both anger and relief. He was mad, but he didn't have the right to be mad. It had been his suggestion, not Kaden's, that they be non exclusive.

So he just kept walking, quickening his pace to the point where he wasn't quite jogging, but walking with purpose.

The footsteps got louder and closer.

"Farren, stop will you? Where are you even going."

Farren ignored him.

"Farren!" Kaden shouted, grabbing him by the shoulder and spinning him around until they were face to face.

"What?" Farren spat out, staring Kaden square in the eye.

Even though he didn't have the right to be mad, it didn't mean that he wasn't. Jealousy fueled anger.

"Why did you just leave?" Kaden huffed back, but Farren could see the slight guilt in his eyes.

"Did you honestly just fucking ask me that?" Farren growled angrily, not backing down even when he saw Kaden flinch.

"Yes." Kaden replied, squaring up to Farren with his head held high. "And I want an answer. A fucking honest answer Farren."

Farren wasn't scared. He was terrified. He wasn't good with all this sorta stuff, all these feelings and shit.

It was so much easier when he was just Farren the Womaniser, when he he didn't have to deal with leaping hearts and weak knees.

"You already know the answer Kaden." Farren shot back exasperatedly, running a tense hand through his hair.

Because he couldn't say it. It was easier to deflect than to openly admit how you felt. It was the fear of rejection, of embarrassment. Even though he was pretty sure at this stage that Kaden knew full well how Farren felt about him, it didn't make saying it any easier.

"I want to hear you say it." Kaden replied, his voice soft.

Kaden really wasn't making this easy for him.

"Because I was fucking jealous Kaden. That a good enough answer for you?" He fired back weakly, losing his will to fight.

"Why Farren? Why were you jealous? Tell me. I want to hear you say it." Kaden persisted angrily, and Farren felt a surge of anger run through him.

"Because I like you Kaden! Hell, I more than like you!" He shouted, tugging at his hair in anger. "I really like you, as in I want to date you. I want you to be mine, not Lee's, not anyone else's."

"Well all you have to do is ask." Kaden spoke softly, minimising the tension from Farren's loud tone.

Farren decided to just do it. Because sometimes you have to put yourself first, even if by putting yourself first you're also pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Here goes fucking nothing.

Farren straightened up, looking Kaden square in the eye. "Kaden something Rivers, will you be my boyfriend?"

Kaden's face broke out into an instant grin, and Farren felt his own frown dissipate until his expression matched Kaden's.