14

Farren looked over at the digital clock on his right, it's red numbers shining in the darkness.

4:16

He rolled back on to his back, staring up at the ceiling. While his sleeping had somewhat improved in the past week, probably something to do with getting everything off his chest and telling Kaden, tonight it just wasn't happening for him.

It was technically Friday morning at this stage. In a few hours he'd have to get up for school, then he would only have to get through seven hours until he was free for the weekend.

He sat up in bed, the covers gathering around his midsection as he did so.

The only sound to be heard in the room was Kaden's soft, deep breaths in a regular pattern.

He looked at the boy lying at the other end of the bed.

No matter how much he tried, he could not deny that Kaden was fucking hot.

He lay there, the light from the moon seeping in from a crack in the window and illuminating his features. The soft white light highlighted and shadowed the intricate sharp lines of his carved face, his blond hair catching the light and ever so slightly shining where it hit.

A dog barked outside, snapping him out of his reverie.

God, what was he doing? Why was he being such a creep, staring at Kaden's sleeping form and thinking about how beautiful he was.

He didn't know what was happening to him lately. In the last week or so, he'd caught himself staring at Kaden a lot more than he should have been.

Kaden was still being so hot and cold with him, making him confused as to where he stood with him. Take Wednesday for example. In the car as he took him home from football practice, Kaden had been talking and joking with him normally. Then, fast forward the car journey to when they arrived home. It was like a switch had literally flicked in Kaden's mind. He had trudged upstairs and had made no effort to talk to him for the rest of the night.

When Farren tried to talk to him all he got in reply were one word answers and grunts of acknowledgement. Then, Kaden was back to normal the next morning!

But Kaden's confusing moods, he could deal with that.

However, he could not deal with his own confusing feelings. Every time Kaden made a flirtatious joke, he felt his stomach drop. Even though he knew that was just Kaden's nature.
Every time he accidentally brushed up against Kaden, he felt himself blush beetroot red.

What the fuck was actually happening to him?

Deciding that he needed a drink of water, Farren kneeled up in preparation to leave. He slept on the side closest to the wall, so in order to get out of the bed he would have to climb over Kaden's sleeping self.

He crouched down, his weight on the balls of his feet. He made to move over Kaden, when his foot caught in the duvet cover and he slipped.

Oh fuck.

He landed on top of Kaden, jolting him awake.

"Jesus Christ, what the fuck is happening?" Kaden said as he woke with a start, groaning with pain at the impact of Farren's knee hitting his side.

"Sorry, I slipped." Farren replied, nursing his own leg which had twisted into some awkward position.

"You slipped? Well done Farren you fucking goon." Kaden snapped in agitation.

"Oh shut up Kaden, it's not like I did it on purpose." He snapped back.

"Farren?"

"What Kaden?" He huffed back, not in the mood for another one of Kaden's moody comments as he was nursing a sharp pain in his knee.