16

A/N Thank you so much for 500 reads omg!! New chapter as a reward I guess :)

-----

Farren flopped down on the booth, seated across from Jesse.

They were in the food court at the mall and were waiting for the Mexican food they had ordered to arrive.

Farren found himself, for what must have been the hundredth time today, zoning out again.

And there was only one reason for this.

Kaden Rivers.

He wondered if Kaden had ran off to his own house last night.

Last night.. after they kissed.

It was his own fault, of course it was. He knew Kaden was in a foul mood, but pestered him anyway. He knew at the back of his mind at the time, that he was standing too close.

Kaden was drunk and in a bad mood. The kiss mustn't have meant anything to him.

As for Farren himself.. he didn't know what to make of it.

"Farren. Hello Farren. Can you even hear me?"

It was Jesse's voice that snapped him out of his thoughts. He focused his attention back to the boy sitting across from him in the booth.

"Huh? Sorry, I was thinking about something. What were you saying?" Farren asked, trying to pass off as carefree.

"I said the food arrived." Said Jesse.

Farren looked down, and sure enough it had. How didn't he notice that?

"I know." He shrugged, lying through his teeth.

Jesse could see through his lie as if it were glass. "Sure you did Farren." He said with a roll of his eyes. "Now, tell me what's wrong."

"What do you mean?" Asked Farren in reply, faking innocence.

This only succeeded in frustrating Jesse further. "Cut the bullshit Farren. We've been friends for how long? Ten years. You don't think I know when something's up?"

He sighed in reply, staring down at his food for a moment before forcing himself to meet Jesse's questioning gaze.

"I'm fine. Well, at least I will be. Don't worry about me."

Jesse's brow creased as he looked at him with concern. "Farren, you can tell me."

"I can't." He mumbled quietly in reply, so low that it was almost inaudible.

"You can Farren. Maybe I can help you get through it?" Jesse encouraged him gently, his voice laced with concern.

He looked up at Jesse, scanning his face. He could trust him, he knew as much as that.

He gave in, realising that he was going to need help if he wanted to figure this thing out any time soon.

"Yeah okay." He nodded, earning him an encouraging smile from Jesse.

He took one last breath to psych himself up. He could do this. "I kissed someone. Or more like they kissed me. But I kissed them back." He blurted out, almost all in the one breath.

Jesse nodded slowly, taking it in. "Okay.. who was it?"

"Kaden."

He braced himself for impact, expecting a wave of emotions pass over Jesse's face. However, to his shock Jesse just shrugged casually.